Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
abianca99, tells us about your 1 yard shot! >

abianca99, tells us about your 1 yard shot!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

abianca99, tells us about your 1 yard shot!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default abianca99, tells us about your 1 yard shot!

The title says it all!

Well, I guess I'd enjoy any 1 yard shot stories.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't recall off hand any 1 yard shots, but I have taken several deer at 3 to 4 yards including a 150" Whitetail and a 141" Mulie.

To me those are the hardest shots to make!!

Dan
Old 01-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first deer I ever shot was a 1 1/2 year old doe. I was sitting by an old tree stump and I heard something walking towards me. I slowly turned and saw it was a doe. This may sound crazy but here is what happened. I knew i couldn't move slow, so I jumped up as fast as I could turned and pointed my 12 guage at her and shot from the hip. She was only like 5 feet from me. I hit her right in the neck and dropprd her on the spot. It was awesome. Most peoople just laugh when I tell that story but it is the truth.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

i shot my second ever spring gobbler (jake) at 7 feet...to say my britches were filled when he gobbled is an understatement
Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Didn't happen to me, but it happened to my Pop. A doe walked up to his ground blind and started eating the fresh cedar branches he had put there for cover. As the story goes he couldn't see her because of the blind, and shot through the blind and dropped her.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping for something like this to happen to me when I pursue a deer from the ground! I have shot them point blank directly under me from a tree that's about as close as it gets out of a stand
Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

no 1 yarders here. story should be good
hunting partner videoing 7ft PLus black bear scared it off as i was at 1/2 draw with my recurve bear was 2-3 yards from base of my tree.
calling on Kodiak for blacktail sitka deer- double- doe first at 6-7 yards then minute later shot litttle buck that was with two more does he was < 5 yards. I was sitting in the open , no brush for 100 yards with feet in 2 foot depression.