Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowtech question >

bowtech question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech question

Old 12-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Spike

Default bowtech question

i just shot the destroyer 350 the other day and its not if i'm gonna get one but how soon. I loved everything about the bow except the grip. its just too skinny for me. i did read in the flyer they have that you can get different grips. would rob or someone around here know what all u can get?
Old 12-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

As far as I know the grip that comes on it is it. I could be wrong, but even if they do offer an optional grip I doubt it will be fatter. Most companies are leaning toward slimmer grips because they are far easier to shoot accurately without torquing the Bow.

I think the Destroyer grip is going to be very shootable. My advice is to give the new grip a month or so before you decide you don't like it.

You might be surprised!

Dan
Old 12-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MeanV2
As far as I know the grip that comes on it is it. I could be wrong, but even if they do offer an optional grip I doubt it will be fatter. Most companies are leaning toward slimmer grips because they are far easier to shoot accurately without torquing the Bow.

I think the Destroyer grip is going to be very shootable. My advice is to give the new grip a month or so before you decide you don't like it.

You might be surprised!

Dan
I agree with Dan. I'd shoot it for a while and then decide. If it's something you wish to change, I've seen aftermarket side plates popping up already. However, the idea of side plates is to take off the existing grip and add them. Like Dan said, it won't "fatten" the grip any. The less hand on the bow, the better.

I'm sure as more and more Destroyers come out, more aftermarket grips will be made for them. For now, I anticipate my 340 getting here and I'll decide then after putting it through it's paces if I want to change the grip.