Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Camo pattern and Fit for bowhunting >

Best Camo pattern and Fit for bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Camo pattern and Fit for bowhunting

Old 12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out ultimate camo. I use it religiously. I can honestly say I think part of my spot and stalk success is due to my ultimate camo. 100% honest on that. www.ultimatecamo.com. And the first rate customer service aint hurting anyone either.

Ryan.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan, do you think this breaks you up enough? It does look like genuine tree bard, but from a distance I would worry that you will look like a solid grey object, no?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My personal preference is something like ASAT or Predator. I also like the Realtree APG. However, I tend to think that we as hunters tend to place too much of an importance on our camo.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Spike

I agree with mez. patterns look great upclose but the open stuff works awesome at distances where others seem to "blob" up. I have used natural gear for years and have had many deer just stare past me because they don't recognize me as a predator because my outline is so muted. I actually bought some military bdu's this year and love them. I wish I could get the digital camo in scent lock though. I also like the vertigo and the mossy oak treestand patterns. Anything with lots of light and dark areas seem to work best for my style of hunting.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

What does Digital Camo do anyway? I saw an Under armour shirt in the hunting store that was digital camo and it had a tag on it that said deer can not see the second focal range or something like that.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

The only camo I have ever used...ASAT.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Vinny_HC
Ryan, do you think this breaks you up enough? It does look like genuine tree bard, but from a distance I would worry that you will look like a solid grey object, no?
I was in open timber all hardwoods and I saw 3 does, so I walked closer to them, and they didn't spook and it was impossable to keep quiet, so I just figured I'd walk and see what would happen, they kept looking at me but all they would do is just look at me then turn their head and keep feeding, they never spooked they more were just scared from the noise, and you wouldn't believe how much movement I can get away with in a stand. I've noticed a serious difference in using ap and using ultimate camo.

Ryan.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Bartender

Well put brotha
Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
Check out ultimate camo. I use it religiously. I can honestly say I think part of my spot and stalk success is due to my ultimate camo. 100% honest on that. www.ultimatecamo.com. And the first rate customer service aint hurting anyone either.

Ryan.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well that sounds good. Looks like I have narrowed it down to Ultimate Camo and Predator camo. I'll just have to buy both, lol.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I Love Predator Camo!!

The ASAT works very nice too!

I buy most of the Camo I have from Gray Wolf Woolens or Day One Camo. Quality is well worth the $$$

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.