Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What is your Career?  Your free time? >

What is your Career? Your free time?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your Career? Your free time?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default What is your Career? Your free time?

Well, I'm in school at UW-LaCrosse, and I plan my classes out so that I can have plenty of free time for the woods. I usually go for evenings from 12:00 pm on. I was coming to think what free time I will have once I am graduated and starting my career in Construction.

What does everyone do? How much time do you have to devote to the outdoors?

I will be working as a Project Manager out of school, hopefully. I can see where I will have very limited time for the woods once I start.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am an insurance broker / financial advisor here in Massachusetts. When not at work I spend time w/ my family. I have 5 & 3 year old daughters and my wife.
Other than than, I spend all free time deer, turkey, or bear hunting, fishing, ice fishing and going to the gym.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

I am a Research Scientist at a pretty big university in Pennsylvania (hint hint, their colors are blue and white) where I also instruct the engineers of tomorrow

If I am not working, I am on the trout water of central PA with my fly rod, or spinner fishing...I love to fish, live to hunt...so I do my far share of it too

I just bought a house and am a carpenter now too, spend a ton of time with my dogs, my girlfriend and family...life is good
Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Software engineer for a living, can be long hours, but "mostly" the 45ish hour week Monday to Friday, occassionally it gets crazy with 80+ hour weeks late nights and weekends, but not often.

For fun: soccer referee, It can cut into weekend hunting, but only if I chose to let it.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sportsman22
I can see where I will have very limited time for the woods once I start.
It's not the quantity of time, it's the quality. I'm a forester, and I don't usually have much time during the week for hunting by the time I get off work, spend time with my young kids, etc. Occasionally (e.g. during the rut) I take an afternoon off work, otherwise most of my hunting and fishing is concentrated during the weekends.

Since you'll be starting a new job, you'll probably find that you have less vacation available right away, but over time you should be able to work something out that gives you a little more time for things outside of work hours. If not, I hope you love your job. j/k
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

still in ye ol high school haha
and i work at target
and all the time i can during the weekends im either in the woods on the lake on the pond or on the ice
Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

oil field jobs on north slope of Alaska. mine is 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off plus 3 weeks vacation and extra week off for education each year. some workers work 1 & 1 ' others are 3 on & 3 off.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

I am a school teacher. I teach 7th grade math and coach pretty much year round. I coach junior high basketball and cross country and am the head high school baseball coach. So I stay pretty busy from Nov thru July. I get to hunt weekends only during october and the first of Nov.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Law Enforcement for the last 13 years, 12 more years till I retire!!!!! Time with my family, friends and hunting is what I do
Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm a student right now but i work on some friends farms and i help my granddad with his construction buisness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.