Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Neb. Buck???

Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Neb. Buck???

Just recieved this in a email from a buddy. I know nothing about this other then it was from Nebraska???.
real or not it is a big SOB.
Thought i would share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
untitled 3.jpg (17.3 KB, 104 views)
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Holy mass!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres a much better photo of the Wesley buck! It could challenge the NB state record (Mossy Horns) that has stood since 1962!!! There is also a buck from Iowa that is of the same class and has been green scored around the 280" mark!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow...cool looking deer
Old 12-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have fainted...

Ryan.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Spike

Here in Ohio two monsters have bit the dust. One green grossed 255 and the other is said to score 320 and might top the Beatty Buck. I have seen the pics of both. We will see.......................
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Taken by a Texas hunter in Richardson county, NE. In the extreme southeast corner of the state. Happens to be where I grew up and was shot about 8 miles from my hometown. Taken just north of a little town called Verdon.

There are a lot of big deer down there but generally not seen where this guy was shot. Mostly corn and bean fields where he was hunting. There are creeks and small rivers through there and assume he was taken off of the Nemaha River. They pretty much farm it road to road.

Most of the bigger deer in that part of the state are taken along the Missouri River to the east and around Salem to the southwest. Definately an overlooked area for big deer. Most all private land and the outfitters have discovered it. Hard to find places to hunt that are not leased by outside interests now.

Keep an eye on this deer and story. I heard from a friend at home that this deer may have been taken across a fence line where the hunter did not have permission to hunt. There is a little controversy brewing currently. May turn out to be nothing, time will tell.