Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Proud of the old man. >

Proud of the old man.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Proud of the old man.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Proud of the old man.

My Pop has been hunting since 1964. He has taken many deer, but the last few years have been hard on him. He is getting older and it seems that he keeps hurting himself right at bow season. One year it was a torn bicep and the following year it was back pain. When he thought he was finally over all the aches, his hips started giving him problems.

Every year he gets excited and something goes wrong. Finally this year he has been pain free and was able to hunt. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned. During practice he could hit the bullseye every time. For some reason he couldn't hit a deer. He has missed three times this year alone.

Finally last night I get a call and I see it's from my Pop's cell phone. I answered and he was whispering into the phone that he had eight deer come in and he was able to get a shot. Turns out that he hit a very large doe. The shot wasn't the best (neck shot) but the deer went straight down and died. I am so happy for him it's unbelievable.

Like i said, it's been a rough road the last couple of years for him. I couldn't be happier if I shot a booner.
Attached Thumbnails Proud of the old man.-2009b.jpg   Proud of the old man.-2009b2.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations to the whipper snapper
Old 12-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Cool Deal... nothing better than breaking the old bad streeeeeekkkkk...glad he's doing better and out there still putin em down....
Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good for him... that is great... must feel good to get back into the swing of things and break that bad luck spell. Let's hope that's the first of many more to come!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to him! hopefully he can keep gettin out there and put a few more down in the next couple years.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Great story and congrats to your dad
Old 12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to your Pop on a nice doe! I'm happy for him. Health is what it's all about.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to him!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats....that is a dandy!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your Dad. I too am in those down hill side of life years-I turned 68 in Nov "IN" a Deer Stand with my 36 yr. old Daughter. I have a Son, 35 also that Bowhunts. I passed on several deer this year while Bowhunting with my Daughter-she has YET to draw her bow on anything. Bowhunting together is more enjoyable to me than me getting a shot though I'm not to shabby at that after 53 years of Bowhunting. Shot 2 deer in Iowa & 2 Hogs in Ok. last year.
I plan on taking BOTH on a out of state Bowhunt this year.

Anyway-Congrats & we all miss, no matter how good or how old-that's the part of Bowhunting we all experience one time or another....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.