Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Why Do People Shoot Little Bucks!!! >

Why Do People Shoot Little Bucks!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why Do People Shoot Little Bucks!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I like to trap buttons just after they are dropped to the ground. Ill cut the legs off the doe, before she can run. Hold her down and make the button nurse. Ill cut a hole in the neck of the doe and force feed her so she does not die. I then bind the buttons so he can not move. I want the meat real tender. After about a month or torture, I throw the doe to the wolves and let the button starve to death. Then I shot it and clean it.:rolleye0011 ::rolleye00 11::rolleye 0011::rolle ye0011::rol leye0011::r olleye0011:

So to answer you question; People shoot little bucks because they are Satanic, evil people who only hunt for the purpose of torturing poor little animals. When it isnt hunting season, they torture puppies and kittens. If there are no puppies or kittens to be found, they abuse their own kids. Because, how dare someone shoot a legal animal. There just has to be a more cynical motive to doing such a dastardly deed.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

I started hunting with my dad when I was around 4 (sitting with him of course). I got my first doe when I was 9 with a 410, sitting up against a tree one late afternoon. I think he was more excited than I was lol. That was 1989. I started practicing with a youth bow around that same time. Several years later when I was 14 he bought me a Golden Eagle and I got my first bow kill with it that year! Just a doe... But I was hooked from then on. Bowhunting has been my passion ever since. Sure I still gun hunt from time to time, smoked a big nanny just this passes Sat. with my 6 and 3 year old by me side!! Dad was on the other side of the property but I could tell he was smiling when he heard my boys screaming with excitment! Thats what its all about...sure I've killed nice bucks through the years, but to me there is so much more to it then whats on there head!!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Spike

Were I live, we don't have nice bucks. Mainly because of lack of nutrients and other hunters. The meat is the biggest factor for some I know. They would prefer tender meat than rough meat. I personally would let young ones go if I knew there were bigger ones around and no one else was hunting the same area.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Spike

I forgot to mention spikes, not yearlings or fawns.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some folks need to read the original poster's actual post, not just the subject.

Anyway, my first buck and first deer was in 1988. I had just turned 15 and it was my 4th year hunting and my 3rd opening day in PA buck camp. At this time you got one tag in PA and you pretty much shot any buck you were lucky enough to see. I was hunting in a stand that I had inheireted from another member of our camp in the morning and did not see much of anything all morning. I heard a shot near one of our other guys' stands and got down to warm up and head back to camp to see who shot. One of the guys from camp had shot a little buck and suggested I go sit in his stand. He walked out with me to his stand. There was already another hunter in it. We politely asked him to leave (private land) and I hunted the stand. Around 1:30 is saw a deer moving out of the thicket off to my left. I could see he had antlers so I found him in the Weaver scope atop my 30-30 Savage pump and fired 3 rounds before he was down.

He was a spike with 9 inch spikes and a 3rd point on his one brow. He may as well have been a Booner I was so happy. Everyone at camp was happy as well and it was a good deer camp.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was a button buck that I shot when I was 12 (2005) he ran 60 yards and expired. Great hunt, won't forget it!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was Thanksgiving morning 1984 with an old Mossberg 500 12ga. At the time in Indiana you could not shoot does with a firearm and bucks sightings were few and far between. I was sitting in a fence row that seperated a cut corn field and a CRP field. A doe came running across the CRP field about 30 mins after first light and stopped in front of me about 80 yards out. She stood motionless for better that 10 mintues watching her back trail, then he came running. At the time I had not idea how big or small he was, I just knew it was a buck and I was going to shoot. He stopped, turned broadside and I let 3 slugs fly as fast as I could pull the trigger. The two deer ran off and in a valley, I seen the doe come out, but not the buck. With snow on the ground, we found no blood at all, but a quick search of the valley found my first deer/buck. He would have been a really nice 10 pointer, but his right side main beam was broken off just a few inches off of his head.

I am not much of a gun hunter any more, but I still think about that every year. The first one is one you will never forget.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
I like to trap buttons just after they are dropped to the ground. Ill cut the legs off the doe, before she can run. Hold her down and make the button nurse. Ill cut a hole in the neck of the doe and force feed her so she does not die. I then bind the buttons so he can not move. I want the meat real tender. After about a month or torture, I throw the doe to the wolves and let the button starve to death. Then I shot it and clean it.:rolleye0011 ::rolleye00 11::rolleye 0011::rolle ye0011::rol leye0011::r olleye0011:

So to answer you question; People shoot little bucks because they are Satanic, evil people who only hunt for the purpose of torturing poor little animals. When it isnt hunting season, they torture puppies and kittens. If there are no puppies or kittens to be found, they abuse their own kids. Because, how dare someone shoot a legal animal. There just has to be a more cynical motive to doing such a dastardly deed.

thought i was the only one
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Spike

My first buck was 5 yrs ago when i was 9 yrs old and it was a 2 pt. buck and i have killed 9 more deer since then and my biggest 1 that i killed this yr. was a 8pt. with a 16 inch inside spread and i shot him on november 6th with my compound bow and i have killed a buck every yr that i have deer huntede soo i have been succesful year after year. But i can replace the feeling of that first deer droping in its tracks and rolling down a hill and that was my first deer it was soo amazing!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

I was 12 when I first got to legally hunt. I was on my own. The only person in my family who hunted was my Grandpa, and he passed away when I was 3. I was using his JC Higgins 12 gauge pump from when he was in high school. I never had sucess until I turned 14. After reading a few books and subscribing to outdoor magazines, I started to learn more about hunting.

November 2001. My dog of 17 years died the thursday before opening weekend. I was a wreck. I never really lost a family member at an older age. It was a big deal to me.

That opening morning, I set out on foot from my house to a fence line about 3 miles from my house. I remember getting to my spot in the pitch dark, a little scared. I sat down in some tall weeds against a tree and began to wait. About a half an hour later I heard something moving to my right down the fence line, where there was a mound of dirt surrounded by tall weeds. It started to get light out and as my eyes started to adjust, I could see the outline of a deer. My heart was pounding, I didn't even know if it was a buck or a doe. It started walking towards me about 10 minutes later, and thats when I seen the nice rack. It got about 10 yards away, my arms are shaking, I aim down the sights and pull the trigger. A nice 8 point buck for my first deer ever.

The best day of hunting in my life, which I will never forget. A nice deer with my Grandpa's old JC Higgins 12 gauge "Old Yeller"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.