Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Am I the only one?? >

Am I the only one??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I the only one??

Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
I have the same problem with a shot under 20 yards, over that I don't have a problem at all.
Who are you kidding Bob. You have trouble seeing a road sign, while you are standing next to it. Something about those old eyes.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Don't get hung up on trying to watch where your arrow hits or you will start to make poor shots. The main thing is to stay in the shot and stay focused, don't drop your arm and try and peek. If you can see where it hits fine, if not base your tracking on what you find at the impact scene. LKNCHOPPERS
Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are watching the arrow in flight, you are taking your concentration off the spot you are aiming at!

I do see the arrow hit, but not because I watch it in flight, when you are concentrating on the aiming spot, you will see the arrow enter that spot, assuming you hit it. However you have to realize what you are seeing, the arrow is passing through that spot so fast that all you may see is a small "blip" in the fur of the deer, that's the fletch/nock passing through!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Even though my eyes are Not as good as they used to be. I seem to always be able to see that Blood Spot pop up!

I agree if you try Firenocks they will make your arrows much more visible in flight.

Dan
I almost always see that blood spot pop open, most of my friends don't. I have found that using white wraps help me pick up my arrow in flight, which might expain why I am able to see the impact.