Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt Strategy

Old 11-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Spike

Default Hunt Strategy

There is a scrape at a field edge on the way to my stand. My plan is to pull 2 drags, one with dominant buck urine and one with doe in estrus. I will pass the scrape on the way to my stand, put some buck and doe urine in the scrape, and then continue on to my stand, which is at the opposite side of the field (heavy grasses). I will then put up a buck decoy and hang the doe drag in a tree and place the buck drag under the buck's back legs. I plan to hunt all day from my buddy stand. I plan to rattle, estrous can call and use the buck roar/grunt.

What do you think of this plan, and should I leave the decoy up all day?

Thanks for your input.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good plan. Spray down with sent killer and clean the decoy with it. Yes, I would keep the decoy up and see what happens. If any thing take in the sceen and enjoy your sit.