Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
It only take one bad apple >

It only take one bad apple

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It only take one bad apple

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default It only take one bad apple

I am fortunate to hunt the land of several farmers and I have done this most of my life. It has never cost my family anything to hunt these farm lands but we do little things when were on the property to help the farmer out (tree down, come back with the chain saw; gate open, close it; fence down; tell him about it and ask if he needs help fixing it, etc.). This past Sunday I find a note on my truck, "Please stop by the barn when your out of the woods." So I go up to the dairly barns and the farmer comes up to me and starts yelling at me because another guy he lets hunt (geese) was conducting guided hunts for $250/gun on his land. Farmer asks me "are you doing the same thing?" Of course not, I value the priveledge of being on your land and would never take advantage of the privledge.

It amazes me how some hunters are all about themselves and it's these hunters that give all of us a bad name. Next time your thinking about shooting over the property line or hunting some else's stand, or are considering hunting property that is not yours without asking permission first, stop and think about the long term consequences of those actions. You are out there respresenting all of us so be respectful of land owner's rights and never take them for granted.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 11-05-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Spike

That is just horrible. These are the guys that give all of us ethical hunters, a bad image.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

gonna have ta agree with ya..dishonesty is a reality..not everyone has strong (good) ethics and i have learned that when it comes to money people will do or say anything to get what they need, and then totally go back on what they say, especially if they are in a pinch!

its gonna take you 10 years to get that farmer back to where he was befor he knew about it..gl 8(
Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
not everyone has strong (good) ethics
Actually, most people have poor manners and ethics these days. Apparently, it is not being passed down to future generations.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gundeck
Actually, most people have poor manners and ethics these days. Apparently, it is not being passed down to future generations.
Boy did you hit the nail on the head with your post, the things I see kids doing today and the filthy mouths they walk around with would have gotten my butt kicked when I was growing up no questions asked. Its ashame the direction society seems to be heading nowadays.

Shane
Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks. I my welding teacher has a big farm and i have been talking about hunting. He told me the other day i am still waiting on my venison before i give you your finale grade. I told him i am waiting on a horse farmer/welding teacher to let me on his land. I almost had him ready to let me on it. Then another student tells us how he shot his neighbors dog for running by his stand. now if a dog scared off a deer i was shooting i might think about it. But i ant going to run around telling everyone how i shot this dog. The teacher says that why i do not let someone on my land. All they need to do is shoot one of my 50,000 horses. He has not said word one about me hunting it since.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sr77
Boy did you hit the nail on the head with your post, the things I see kids doing today and the filthy mouths they walk around with would have gotten my butt kicked when I was growing up no questions asked. Its ashame the direction society seems to be heading nowadays.

Shane
You're right! All the old guys I know are always so nice and polite. And of course they would never curse.

This mess we're in as a "society"? It's all the kid's fault.