Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the hell?!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default What the hell?!

Today I did some practice shooting for the weekend... First I shot at 10 yards.. Dead nuts. Then I go back to the 20 yard mark.. And I could not shoot there to save my life! I thought my sight was pretty on. I kept shooting left about 8 inches to a foot. So I move my pin over to the right... All the way! And still shooting left. Im not sure about this but it looks like my bow is throwing arrows to the left from 20 for some reason. I was following through and not punching the release. I did about 20 shots and moved back to the 30. I was pretty on from there. Moved back to the 20 again and still nothing. Im not sure if its just an off day or if the sight is messed up? Any advice?

Im shooting a Reflex Bighorn bow, 60# draw with cabelas carbon arrows. 100 gr. field tip
Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where do you do most of your shooting from 20 yards, 30 yards?. Were you shooting the same broadheads you normally do?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I do most of my shooting at 10 and 20 yards.. I always shoot with field points. (Except at deer lol)
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Spike

If you're aiming dead center and are hitting to the left, move your pin to the left, not the right.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

I would think that maybe you bumped your bow or something. If your bow was set dead nuts last time you shot it now all of your shots are too far off to one side you may have knocked your rest out of alignment. I had a similar problem with my bow. Great groups but my bow shot 4-5 inches to the right and was out of travel on my sight. Took it in and found out that the center shot was almost a 1/2" off to the right. Had that set to center now its perfect. Another quick thing is that your pins should all be inline with each other. you should not have to adjust right to left when you move back at further distances. If your dead on at 10 yards you should only have to adjust for elevation as you move back.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigwhitetailbuck
I kept shooting left about 8 inches to a foot. So I move my pin over to the right... All the way! And still shooting left.

Follow your arrow with your sights. If you shooting left you pin needs to go left as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JakeInMa
If you're aiming dead center and are hitting to the left, move your pin to the left, not the right.

Wow... I just relized that I moved it to the right... What a dummy I am