Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
arrow group issue. >

arrow group issue.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow group issue.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default arrow group issue.

my old arrows where pse 200s forget the model number. They where cheap arrows just for practice and they ended up being my hunting arrows for a few years. This year i changed to a truglow superslam and carbon express maxima hunters 350s with the quikspin st vanes. they seem like a good arrow but my groups are not what i would like. Seems there not grouping like the old ones. heck a week into shooting my bow when i got it i robin hooded a arrow and ended up refleatching 12 arrows three times due to cutting fletches.
Are these arrows just not that good or could my bow not like them. Or is it just i am not shooting enough. heck last year i was getting 4 inch groups when i had not shot my bow for almost a year. My plan is to do some more shooting properly Friday. SO maybe it will get better.
I think i am good enough for hunting getting good groups just not the ones where the arrows are rubbing each other i was.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Might want to post this in the technical forum with more info on your bow and setup. I think that you will have better luck with answers there. Make sure to post stuff like type of bow, draw weight, arrow length. Sounds like it could be a spine issue or contact issue with the different style vains.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

will do thanks.