Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Primos "Long Can" >

Primos "Long Can"

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos "Long Can"

Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default Primos "Long Can"

What do you guys think of the Primos "Long Can"? I have one, but I've never called in a buck while using it. If you have had sucess, what was the situation? Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Spike

I have both the original can and the long can. I held them in each hand and flipped them over at the same time and for some reason there wasn't a noticeable difference in the length of the call. I'm not knocking the call though I've called in several deer with it, just not any big bucks. My dad claims to have called in a nice buck he shot with it a few years ago though.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Spike

I had a buck sneak past me last year and move off into the thick stuff. I grunted a few times and waited...nothing. Hit the long can and he came trotting in along with two other random yearling bucks. I've also used it to call in does as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Like finley i have used both and have determined there is no real significant difference between the two. I have only called in one buck with it, so its kind of low on my "to use" list.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

The long can just doesn't have the 'begging' sound that the original does. I primarily use a can call in conjunction with a grunt tube, but in the case of the buck I just shot last Friday, I was simply trying to get the attention of the doe he was trailing and it worked to a T. She was looking for pretty much anything to distract him and came right in to it.