Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GRRR im sick

Old 11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default GRRR im sick

after hunting hard for the past 2 weeks.. missing alot of school because of kentucky rifle season comming fast and the rut is kicked in. finally get the oppurtunity at the buck iv hunted all season.. 28 yards broadside looking away. i pull back put my pin on him an let it fly.. then what u dont want to happen happened hit a twig that i didnt see and i hit him a little far back but im postive i got liver.. he ran 60 yards and hunched up an walked away slowly. waited about 45 min an climbed down an backed out. going to go back in the morning and pray i find him.. NOO sleep for me tonight
Old 11-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

good luck, hope it doesnt turn out like mine did!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stay away till morning - You'll find it within 40 yds unless Coyotes push it. I like a liver shot - I know it is always lethal - and doesn't take as long as a paunch hit for the deer to expire -

Post pics when you find him
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Take your Nyquil and Pepto! It's gonna be a long gut wrenching night!

Been there before...