Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Missed the biggest buck of my life. :( >

Missed the biggest buck of my life. :(

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed the biggest buck of my life. :(

Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that,I only use one pin for 10-25 yard shots it is dead on at 5-10-15-20-25 I dont even use the other 2 sites they havent even been set.I must be using a differnt kinda bow then you.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You said you shot high, maybe you weren't bent at the waist all the way, that would cause you to shoot high. Im not bustin your chops, but im just trying to help you out for next time. But maybe 10 yards is not enough to make a difference, who knows? Sorry to hear your miss anyways. I missed a really nice 8 pt last week, he wasent as far as i thought he was and i shot right over his back, so i feel your pain.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

You might want to shoot a few times at a target just to make sure your sights haven't moved somehow. That said I feel your pain....missed a big nine point (would score in the high 130's) after stalking him. I got to within 5 yards of where he had bedded down ( I didn't realize I was that close at the time as I couldn't see him in the tall grass) He shot out of there like a cannon and I got him to stop. I pulled back put the thirty yard pin on him and the arrow soared over his back. I paced it off later and should have used the 15 yard pin. In all the excitement I didn't judge my distance very well. Good luck on future bucks!!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

That sucks. Make sure your bow is sighted in.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bow was definetly sighted in. I have just never shot at such a close range while being in a stand.

You know what guys... I didn't miss that day... I shaved off a little of his back hair. I looked on my muzzy and their was a little bit of hair on there. But im glad I missed because I would have hate to have wounded him. And guess what? I was out tonight and I saw him again. He came from the same exact spot but this time he bedded down like 40 yards away so I had a suffer watching him for about 10 minutes. Then he got up and walked in the opposite direction.

And guess what else... You all read above how I shot a buck last tuesday also but couldn't find him. Well I saw him today... He had a small limp going on but he should be alright.

And guess what ELSE...? I shot a buck tonight.. Not the big 155-160 inch I missed earlier but this is still a great buck for me. My biggest buck and it was my first buck with the diamond rapture. And its also going to be the last because I have my new PSE madness now and ill be starting with it this weekend.
If you guys wanna see the pictures of it, then look for my thread thats gonna be coming up pretty soon.