Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where Did they ALL Go???? >

Where Did they ALL Go????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where Did they ALL Go????

Old 11-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

Red face Where Did they ALL Go????

Alright Here is my first problem, 1.) I hunt in Florida.
2.)Which would be My second problem, is that I have 4 Acres that back up to, close to 1,000 acres. The people are starting to put in subdivisions behind me and its bringing the deer closer to me? But I haven't seen any big buck tracks like I have in the past years. My property is half powerlines half wooded area. I have a plot planted under the powerlines with oats and rye and piles of corn and the deer seem to be eating it. The only problem there, is that Now they have stopped, I have been putting corn out and they were destroying it, and now for the past 2 weeks they have not eaten one curnel. I hardly see tracks anymore. I went scouting the other day. 3 days after a nice rain and walked about 300 yrds behind my property back on some trails and No tracks. There not eating the acorns because There was a big white Oak in the woods behind me that hasn't been touched in about 2 weeks as well. I dont know what else to do. Alot of people say wait until the rut but the truth is, I have a passion for hunting and want to be in the woods as much as Possible. Any Suggestions''?

Last edited by dpj1030; 11-03-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

I also put peanut butter jars on the trees but the freaking ants are eating it
Old 11-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Find another spot. No point in hunting where the deer aren't. If the deer activity picks up in your backyard, you can always head back over to hunt it. Unfortunately, we can't easily force deer to go where we want them to, so you have to move to where they are.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

sounds weird....?idk does florida have any natural predators?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

It definitely sounds like something has shifted their pattern. You mentioned sub-divisions. Is there active construction being done?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah active construction but the other week I saw them walking right through the road there paving??? I just don't get it. What could have changed there pattern. I Put out some buck Jam APPLE on top of the corn. I'll let you know what happens with that.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Just drove down to my plot this morning, THERE ARE TRACKS EVERYWHERE!! I Don't know what it is but I mixed that Buck Jam with corn and broadcasted it and man! Talk about tracks everywhere. Lot of does or the same 300 times. lol and A few smaller bucks. I cant wait to put out my trail cam on this stuff. There finally coming back. Could it be the moon and cooler temps?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would guess its the full moon, its screwing me over too.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone else having problems??
Old 11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well putting in corn..peanut butter on trees and hunting sounds like a lot of pressure on 4 acres. Maybe find another spot and let the scent dissipate for a while

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.