Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Those who hunt with friends - QUESTION >

Those who hunt with friends - QUESTION

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Those who hunt with friends - QUESTION

Old 11-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Those who hunt with friends - QUESTION

OK, I am wondering how everyone else here works together on their hunting land.

Do you divide the land up and basically have your own area ?
or
Do you hunt and stands for all to use on a rotational basis ?

This could be interesting....
Old 11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

We trade off. One picks anywhere he wants to go and the next hunt the other picks. We both hunt all stands.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

WE basisally hunt where we want to hunt.-just work it out head of time.
In the past on one property another and I hunted we split it up. The property was divided equally by a creek. He hunted the east side and I the west . However if one of us wanted to hunt the other side it was no big deal.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have my stands and they have theres. We can hunt each others, but if they are after a certian buck, they have 1st option at it
Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I share one property with 2 others (gun hunters). Since I have the woods to myself for all of archery season, I ask where they're going and I find someplace away from them. It usually works out great, though. They love the field edges and I despise them (field edges).

When I hunt with others (who don't have permission, here), I usually set them up in my best spots...and I hunt near them. I like seeing the action as much as being in it. When I hunt their tracts, I go wherever they tell me to.

Never guide the guide!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I have three stands up on someone else's property. I get first pic of where I want to sit since I put them up and do all the branch trimming. The land owner doesn't bow hunt, so there is only one other person that hunts up there, so that why I get first pick. During gun season, the land owner only goes out a couple times. I give him first pic out of respect, then I get second pic. But most of the time he still gives me first pic.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt a hillside on a bluff on my bosses property when I take someone hunting with me I put them on a differnt hillside,there is another hunter on the neighboring property that hunts about 175 yards from me luckily hes only a weekend warrior me I hunt every morning and 3 or 4 times in the evening during the week i dont have to start work until I want to which is usualy about 10:30 most times the deer are moving between 8 and 9:30 where I am at.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

We set up a bunch of stands, and anybody can go to any one of the stands they want to.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

we just do whatever...we go 50/50 on all stuff. protein, plots, stands, climbing sticks, whatever....its actually his land(80 acres) on river bottom. he doesnt hunt it much until rut because he has a better, bigger piece property his uncle owns....we just say hey where ya wana go? bla bla bla....lol. never a big deal
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 7 pieces of ground, owned by three different land owners that I hunt with two real good friends. We (the 3 of us togehter) lease from two of the land owners and the other piece is "free" ground. We scout, hang stands and hunt together. So we don't really consider any of the stands as ours. There are specific stands that we each really like to hunt and we ofter referr to those stands as "so and so's stand", but they are not locked down to that specific person. We just talk about it as we are getting ready and make decisions on where to go. We have never had a problem in the past, as I honestly believe we don't have a stand in the air that is "bad".

With that being said, we do invite other friends now and then to hunt with us. When that happens, we tend to tell them where to go. Sometimes the stand we send them to is based on the fact that they don't know the land, so we either take them with one of us and place them in a stand as we pass it or send them to one that is easy to find. If the person knows the land, has been there several time, we let them choose where they want to hunt. Again, never has been a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.