Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

atv' s

Old 05-29-2003, 10:46 AM

Default atv' s

i about to purchase an atv and was wondering how many of my fellow board members have one and if so do you use it to get to your hunting spot! ,i' m getting it mainly just to cruise around ,i live out in the country. i was also wondering what brand , i' m still shopping around[:-] thanks!

Old 05-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: atv' s

ATV is the way to go, I used mine in bringing 2- 300 lb deer last year at the same time, had one on the front and the other on back, its got a 2000 lb waren winch that comes in handy in hoisting the animals.
The one I have is a Honda foreman 450 and is a full time 4 wheel drive and a real work horse as I use it all winter in plowing the drive, oh-boy oh-boy
Old 05-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

XI, I have a 2000 yamaha big bear 400 and really like it. I test rode the bear, the kawasaki 300, and the honda rancher, and decided on the Big bear, because of (IMO) smoother ride, and lighter steerin and higher ground clearance . I wish they would have made the bear with the in-out 4 wheel drive back then, and I would have gotten it. they were full time 4 wheel drive, and I didn' t want that.
and yes, I couldn' t hunt, if it wadn' t for my 4 wheeler. bad back, can' t walk very far, long way to huntin spots.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m like bogobble with the bad back. I use to hate 4 wheelers but to get back in the woods and get a deer out, I have to use one now. I have a 96 honda 300 fourtrax, 4 wheel drive. I also put on a lift kit so I could cross the railroad tracks behind my house. I like the honda for dependability and replacement parts are very cheap. My friend has a yamaha 400 bear and it' s a good vehicle but it' s not built as well as the honda. The yamaha does have more clearance and their a little cheaper than the honda' s. If you buy a new one, I' d say yamaha is the better buy. If your buying a used one, I' d consider that honda parts are alot cheaper than the yamaha.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:35 AM

I have a Honda Rancher and I love it . I use it for everything, I dont get very close to my treestands, the deer seem to relate the sound to humans, but I drive to about a half mile and walk the rest, its priceless to get a downed deer home, you can drive right to him. I believe that the Hondas are the best built atvs on the market today.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe that the Hondas are the best built atvs on the market today

DING DING DING..... Skip, give this guy a prize, we have a winner!!

As you can tell, I am a honda man thru and thru. I have the Honda Rubicon. 500cc of pure raw uncaged power. I have gone through, more water and mud than my buddies with Polaris, Kaws and Yamahas. Not saying those aren' t good machines, but mine is just better. They always seem the call me to pull them back to the truck when they break down.

True, there are smoother riding machines out there, but the reliablility of a Honda is worth it in the long run. All of my friends with Polaris have had theirs in the shop atleast once. Not me, no no. My brother in law with the Kaw hasn' t had any problems either though.

But here comes the real words of wisdom!! It is kind of like a bow, get what fits you as an individual. What is good for me, isn' t necisarrily what is good for you.

With that said.

Ride Red-----Its only competition is EARTH
Old 05-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Check out www.ATVTV.com They regularly test all of the new machines, and break them down into different categories so you can choose what you feel will best suit you based upon application.

As stated above, alot of good machines out there. Honda Rubicon 500 is hard to beat tho IMHO. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 05-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

As stated above, alot of good machines out there. Honda Rubicon 500 is hard to beat tho IMHO.
AMEN BROTHER!!

I know there is atleast 1 or 4(pt) that will back us up on this!!

Sorry, I will behave now!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I got two of them. One for each foot. Rocky goretex....[:-]
Old 05-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another vote for the Rubicon.

I love mine but use it mainly for hanging stands and game removal.I do love to go play but I don' t like riding to my stand location.I will walk to them.

Honda has a new 400 with the same transmission as the Rubicon and has shiftable 2-4 wheel drive.In the summer it will be available with a gps from the factory.I think this would also be an awesome 4 wheeler and will most likely be a few bucks cheaper than the Rubicon.

Quick Reply: atv' s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.