Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

atv' s

Old 05-29-2003, 05:59 PM
JKT

Default RE: atv' s

Rubicon here too.

TFOX,

I grew up in Henderson, have lived outside of Bowling Green the last 25 years. Most of my family still lives there, my cousin George Robert Burns lives there and bowhunts, you might know him.

Jim
Old 05-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah,I know george and his wife Pam.She used to work at Service Tool & Die with me. If this is the same George you speak of.

We did some 4-wheelin(trucks) years ago but I am not close with them.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:54 PM

I have a Honda Rancher and use it to get to and from my stand areas and to drag out deer. Great machine.

As you get older it gets tough dragging a deer 500 yards around the edge of a muddy wheat field.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:30 PM

does anyone have an artic cat?!?! how do these machines perform.. Im looking at getting one next season just curious to how they hold up
Old 05-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

all i have to say is HONDAHONDAHONDAHONDAHONDA We just purchased a honda rancher 1 yr and 3 months ago. it is great. it has electric shift all time 4x4. rides real nice. we use it almost every day during the winter because of running back and forth feeding cattle and when i am watching the gates it saves alot of time and hassel to walk all the way across the yard to watch a different pen gate. and we use it to check cows when calving and in the summer use it for screwing around and mom uses it for yard work and dad and i use it to chase cows when they are out. trust me when i say it gets a good workout and it has run exelent for us and we put her threw some harsh environments. we have a friend that had a honda for 15 yrs before he got a new one. he told us that he was going to run that one until it died but it never did and still going strong he just figured it would be nice to have a new one. thats what made my dads mind on what kind to get. I also think yamaha makes a good atv aswell. but i do not have experience with them. i would say get a honda for they will last forever. thats just my thought
Old 05-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the Outdoor channel there is a program called
ATV doug Meyers is the host and they are doing
testing on all this years 400cc models fron everybody!!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:11 PM

I have four of them - one for each member of the family. When the sightings of deer kept dwindling, we were told by a deer expert, who wrote a book on deer hunting, that we were hurting our hunting property by using them. We don' t use them for hunting any more and are seeing more deer and turkey than ever on our property.

We now use several ' deer haulers' when we have to carry heavy items or get a deer out of the woods that we can' t drag. Davidmil and I pulled out 50+ deer last year over varying terrain and dragged most of them.

Old 05-29-2003, 09:59 PM

I have a 98' yamaha Grizzly and I use it for work and play.It' s the best machine that I' ve owned so far.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:32 AM
JKT

TFOX

Yea, that' s him.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:16 AM

2002 Kawasaki P-650 Camo' d Every time I get on this thing I get that chilly feelin That I got when I first started dating my Wife!
AL
NUFF SAID

Quick Reply: atv' s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.