Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Mathews Bows >

New Mathews Bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Mathews Bows

Old 11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
See post number 3. Yeah, I think it's cool looking. Everyone has their own idea of what looks good, though. It doesn't look as good as my Drenalins do though. I mean, c'mon - some folks think the Honda Element is a good looking car.....
True....I can't help but think that it would look a lot better if that riser wasn't so thick though. I also cannot get over the resemblance to the Limbsaver DZ32.
Oh well, like you said different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gutshot
Chief I know what you're saying but I did a little testing this year and when I drew the 60 lbs Reezen and it was so much easier to draw and threw my 430 grain arrow 12 feet a second faster than my Drenalin I liked it.
Now that you mention it, I wonder how fast the Monster would throw a 550 or 600 grain arrow???? Does anybody have the technology to answer that?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out bow shopping tonight. I bought a PSE bowmadness. I was at a new archery store that just opened up and they just received the z7s today. The guy had one out. I just held it for a little bit. I wanted to ask if I could shoot it but then im sure I would have been hooked on it instead of the PSE that I wanted and I didn't really have the money to buy the z7.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Damn. I wish I had the money to buy a nice new bow like those.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking bow but for 899.00 I can buy something else...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

They jump the prices each year, and they are getting quite ridiculous, but the site always has the bows way overpriced so when you go to the dealer and see $739 you feel like youre getting a deal. All part of a scheme to sell bows. I would almost go out on a limb and say you'll never see it in a shop with a $899 price tag, but I know that the word never can get you into lots of crap.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it's just me, but those have got to be the ugliest bows i have ever seen.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

my dad works at an archery shop and he says they just got a z7 in yesterday. he is headed to work today and told me he will check it out and try to shoot it today. he dont do the internet so i will pass his review on when he lets me know the scoop.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a Drenalin now and I've been pretty happy with it. The Z7 looks like a nice bow, but calling it a speed bow as they did in the video is a bit of a stretch. I'm glad to see Mathews came out with a 7" BH Monster.

I'm not really following the Reverse Assist cable roller, but I'm not an engineer either. I just don't understand how that can make the draw feel smoother. I know he explains it, but it's not clicking for me.

Either way, Mathews will sell a lot of bows this year. They always do.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

I shot the Z7 yesterday and it's definitely the smoothest pulling hunting bow I've ever drawn. It reminded me a lot of the Switchback XT. The bow I pulled back was maxed out on 70 lbs. limbs and it didn't feel any tougher than 60 lbs. I'm thinking this reverse assist roller is really helping out there.
It looks a lot cooler in person than it does on the net also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.