Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Great hunt, still no kills!!!!! >

Great hunt, still no kills!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great hunt, still no kills!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great hunt, still no kills!!!!!

Well guys i finally got some action. I went out tonight on my neighbors land, I was hunting with my climber in a telphone pole that has a bunch of brush in the back to protect my outline. this spot overlooks a tall grass area with a brushy ditch then a cloverfield and a pond. I made a mock scrape across the trail just before my hunt and set my cam up over it. I didnt see a thing till 6:15ish when I saw my first buck of the season a lil 4 point he came across the clover field about 150-200 yards away and he saw a doe in another clover field a then he went into the corn and then came running out after the doe then he came along over to me I had bout a 35 yard shot on him but I PASSED (videoed him instead) this is a big deal for me I have never passed on a deer before let alone a buck so Im glad I had the self control to let him walk he actually had a good size body but nothin on the roof he should be a good deer someday. then later an almost identical buck came by I taped him too but it was bad footage, too dark. Also i saw two does. Despite not putting anything down on the ground i am pumped cause I havent seen much of anything so far this season.

here is the vid its a little blury but its a crappy camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy9PD6_LVM8
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really is a boost when you see that kind of activity after a lull, isn't it? I didn't get anything today either, but I got a big shot in the arm when I saw two does walk by at 50 yards, then saw them running back the way that they came from being chased by a buck. That's always a good shot in the arm. It also helps when I walk back to the house and the wife is grilling deer steaks like she was tonight.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice footage
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great hunt Jake. Hopefully you get a bigger buck to come by so you don't have to pass the next time. Good luck !!

Tim
Old 10-29-2009, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jake thats awesome! It sounds like a great hunt.

It is a big deal for us all the first time we let bucks like that pass.

You don`t need to take a deer in order to have a great hunt.
Way to go buddy!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys yeah it helped that I saw him across the field so I had time to tell myself "dont shoot" but he wasnt even close to what I hope to hold out for. I was hoping one of the does would come by but it didnt happen