HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Great hunt, still no kills!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM
mossberghunter93
Nontypical Buck

Default Great hunt, still no kills!!!!!

Well guys i finally got some action. I went out tonight on my neighbors land, I was hunting with my climber in a telphone pole that has a bunch of brush in the back to protect my outline. this spot overlooks a tall grass area with a brushy ditch then a cloverfield and a pond. I made a mock scrape across the trail just before my hunt and set my cam up over it. I didnt see a thing till 6:15ish when I saw my first buck of the season a lil 4 point he came across the clover field about 150-200 yards away and he saw a doe in another clover field a then he went into the corn and then came running out after the doe then he came along over to me I had bout a 35 yard shot on him but I PASSED (videoed him instead) this is a big deal for me I have never passed on a deer before let alone a buck so Im glad I had the self control to let him walk he actually had a good size body but nothin on the roof he should be a good deer someday. then later an almost identical buck came by I taped him too but it was bad footage, too dark. Also i saw two does. Despite not putting anything down on the ground i am pumped cause I havent seen much of anything so far this season.

here is the vid its a little blury but its a crappy camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy9PD6_LVM8