Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage? $40 later now I know!!!!! >

Rage? $40 later now I know!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage? $40 later now I know!!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 AM
  #31  
Fork Horn
 
*twodogs*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 411
Default

Originally Posted by diamondrack View Post
Maybe you just suck at shooting your bow... maybe its not a tuning problem at all, it's probably more of a lack of convindence in your equipment..
Now that's ugly
*twodogs* is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 AM
  #32  
Nontypical Buck
 
superstrutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 3,050
Default

Originally Posted by Bbearfax View Post
Ok all you bow tuning pros, tell me this why can I shoot a 4 inch group with my fixed blade heads at 50 yards. But the Rage heads shoot a 12 inch group at 20 yards?

So why even try the Rage? If you are so happy with the Muzzy's, and they give you great grouping, why try something else? I love Spitfires. I've killed many deer with them and love the way they shoot. I'm not going to experiment with another broadhead, even out of curiosity, because I have been successful with them for years.
superstrutter is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 AM
  #33  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ELK GROVE CA USA
Posts: 1,251
Default

Originally Posted by Bbearfax View Post
Ok all you bow tuning pros, tell me this why can I shoot a 4 inch group with my fixed blade heads at 50 yards. But the Rage heads shoot a 12 inch group at 20 yards? One other thing the blue practice tips did group better that the actual hunting heads but still not as well as the fixed blade heads. I am curious also what do you all consider accurate? If you can keep it in the 8 ring is that good enough for you? Because it sure is not for me. LOL at doe fever BTW.
I am calling BS! If you are not able to see the blades open in flight (which they maybe or may not be) and I am assuming they are NOT, because if they were then I would also assume you would fix that problem before you shot again.......then what you are claiming happened is NOT POSSIBLE

Stick with your muzzy's, they are a great head as well. You can ship me your 2 rage heads and the practice head...I will pay for shipping!
JNTURK is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
  #34  
Typical Buck
 
The Deer Destroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dover, Ohio. Tuscarawas county.
Posts: 827
Default

So far, Rage is the best I've used.
The Deer Destroyer is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 10:55 AM
  #35  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bruceton mills WV USA
Posts: 253
Default

Originally Posted by diamondrack View Post
Tell me this Bbearfax, why is that you shoot better at 50 yards then you do at 20 yards.. A blind man can shoot and make a 12 inch group at 20 yards, in a none hunting situation.. Maybe you just suck at shooting your bow... maybe its not a tuning problem at all, it's probably more of a lack of convindence in your equipment.. Once again your stories just don't add up.. I don't know what to tell you, go back to fixed blades and shoot them--its apprent that you have some convindence in them--or do you?? Because if you did then you wouldn't have change in the first place!!!! My final comment is that doe fever got you!!!!
LOL read much the fixed blades group fine at all distances including 50 yards THE RAGE HEADS WILL NOT GROUP EVEN AT JUST 20 YARDS. I that clear enough for you LOL. I have been shooting the same bow for 8 years I am very confidante in my set up. Would you like to compare trophy rooms?

Originally Posted by superstrutter View Post
So why even try the Rage? If you are so happy with the Muzzy's, and they give you great grouping, why try something else? I love Spitfires. I've killed many deer with them and love the way they shoot. I'm not going to experiment with another broadhead, even out of curiosity, because I have been successful with them for years.
First off I do not shoot Muzzy's. I wanted to see if what some people clamed about blood trails a blind man can follow was true.

Originally Posted by JNTURK View Post
I am calling BS! If you are not able to see the blades open in flight (which they maybe or may not be) and I am assuming they are NOT, because if they were then I would also assume you would fix that problem before you shot again.......then what you are claiming happened is NOT POSSIBLE

Stick with your muzzy's, they are a great head as well. You can ship me your 2 rage heads and the practice head...I will pay for shipping!
I said I suspected that is what was happening, I did not say I saw it happening. Besides if I had known that this was even a possibility I would not have wasted the time with them. Seams like a very serious design flaw. As far as giving you the heads dream on they went in the mail yesterday to Rage, they will refund your money if you are not happy. Oh and again I do not shot Muzzy's.

Last edited by Bbearfax; 10-29-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Bbearfax is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
  #36  
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southcentral PA
Posts: 17
Default

Hi to everyone. I am new to this forum. Just wanted to post my 2 cents to this thread. I bought the 2 blade rage broadheads this year to try them out. I am color deficient and thought they might help with tracking. I shot a doe down in Maryland this year at 33 yards. She was hit right behind the front shoulder and about a third of the way up. Got a complete pass thru on her. She left a massive blood trail and I would have seen her fall if not for the terrain and thick cover. She went 40 yards. Heard her fall. I then shot a large bodied 6pt hear in PA. The buck was 15 yards. I believe I hit a branch on the shot. Hit the buck in the spine just behind the front shoulder. Needless to say he dropped on the spot. Head completely penetrated the thick part of the spine. Head was still in good shape except was extremely dull. So far have had great experience with them. For me they shot the same as the practice tips.

BTW. I shoot a Matthews Legacy at 70#s, gold tip 5575 arrows at 29.5 inches.
legacyhunter is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 04:21 PM
  #37  
Fork Horn
 
diamondrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 275
Default

[QUOTE=Bbearfax;3488505]LOL read much the fixed blades group fine at all distances including 50 yards THE RAGE HEADS WILL NOT GROUP EVEN AT JUST 20 YARDS. I that clear enough for you LOL. I have been shooting the same bow for 8 years I am very confidante in my set up. Would you like to compare trophy rooms?


oh its clear for me but i'm not the one with the problem shooting!! LOL... And 100% positive--I would love to compare trophy rooms!! Before you say something like that you should know what kind of hunter your dealing with.... I would hate to hurt your confidance anymore then it already is!
diamondrack is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 09:24 PM
  #38  
Typical Buck
 
cartman308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fraziers Bottom, WV
Posts: 500
Default

Originally Posted by Bbearfax View Post
Ok all you bow tuning pros, tell me this why can I shoot a 4 inch group with my fixed blade heads at 50 yards. But the Rage heads shoot a 12 inch group at 20 yards? One other thing the blue practice tips did group better that the actual hunting heads but still not as well as the fixed blade heads. I am curious also what do you all consider accurate? If you can keep it in the 8 ring is that good enough for you? Because it sure is not for me. LOL at doe fever BTW.
I'm not tuning pro, but i believe you problem is in the next quote. I'll explain after.

Originally Posted by Bbearfax View Post
LOL.......thanks but no "Pro Shop" needed the adjustments made were because I was going from a 75 grain head to the 100 grain Rage. But thanks for suggesting that I am lost and do not know my own equipment.
If you went up in head weight your weakening the spine of your arrow. If you boarderline light on the spine and go up in head weight you'll have flight issues due to a weak spined arrow.

PS...... I'm no Rage fan, by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by cartman308; 10-30-2009 at 12:10 AM.
cartman308 is offline  
Old 10-30-2009, 09:10 AM
  #39  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bruceton mills WV USA
Posts: 253
Default

Originally Posted by cartman308 View Post
I'm not tuning pro, but i believe you problem is in the next quote. I'll explain after.



If you went up in head weight your weakening the spine of your arrow. If you boarderline light on the spine and go up in head weight you'll have flight issues due to a weak spined arrow.

PS...... I'm no Rage fan, by any stretch of the imagination.
You are absolutely correct. That is one of the first thing I looked at. The specifications and calculations showed I would be fine up to about a 135 grain head. But at that point the FOC would be way out of wack.
Bbearfax is offline  
Old 10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
  #40  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bruceton mills WV USA
Posts: 253
Default

[quote=diamondrack;3488889]
Originally Posted by Bbearfax View Post
LOL read much the fixed blades group fine at all distances including 50 yards THE RAGE HEADS WILL NOT GROUP EVEN AT JUST 20 YARDS. I that clear enough for you LOL. I have been shooting the same bow for 8 years I am very confidante in my set up. Would you like to compare trophy rooms?


oh its clear for me but i'm not the one with the problem shooting!! LOL... And 100% positive--I would love to compare trophy rooms!! Before you say something like that you should know what kind of hunter your dealing with.... I would hate to hurt your confidance anymore then it already is!
I have no shooting problem I had a broad head problem. I think I already know what kind of "hunter" I am dealing with when it comes to you.
Bbearfax is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.