Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage? $40 later now I know!!!!! >

Rage? $40 later now I know!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage? $40 later now I know!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by silverskin
I always shoot what I'm going to hunt with. Try it! There aint nothing out there better than a well tuned rage broadhead. Nothing. Nuf-said
So my well tuned muzzy, when placed in the right place will not kill a deer? Holy &hit!!!!

Get a clue...if you put a field tip in both lungs, its going down within 100 yards.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you had listened to the many posts I have made concerning Rage broadheads you wouldn't have had to waste $40.00.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
If you had listened to the many posts I have made concerning Rage broadheads you wouldn't have had to waste $40.00.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I've used Rage 2 blades for the last 4 bucks and 8 does I have harvested. Only problems I have had were Hunter error. I love the Rage's the holes they put in the animals are amazing, huge blood trails, though that is hardly ever needed as nearly all the deer drop within sight. In fact the last 2 deer shot, when I went to register them, the shop questioned me, asking if I really just used a broadhead and not a gun.

Long story short ..... Love the Rage's, and have no problems with them.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Spike

Maybe it don’t have anything to do the blades or bow tuning. It’s hard to shoot with the same form from a tree stand as target shooting on the ground in a tee-shirt. I tend to hit a little high and right from out of a tree for some reason. Like someone else said… all kinds of variables.
Oh yeah, the two Predator vs Alien trilogies were great also. Check them out if you haven’t seen them already : )
Old 10-29-2009, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im going to blame this one on operator error. Im guessing there was a small case of deer fever and possibly a rushed shot. My Rage 2's fly excellent and there are no difference between the practice head and the regular heads, the only difference is the practice head doesnt open on contact. Why blame a good product for something the operator could have controlled....
Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Ok all you bow tuning pros, tell me this why can I shoot a 4 inch group with my fixed blade heads at 50 yards. But the Rage heads shoot a 12 inch group at 20 yards? One other thing the blue practice tips did group better that the actual hunting heads but still not as well as the fixed blade heads. I am curious also what do you all consider accurate? If you can keep it in the 8 ring is that good enough for you? Because it sure is not for me. LOL at doe fever BTW.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
On another note, don't you just love the way every Rage thread turns ugly in a hurry? They're always entertaining.
LOL I also love the entertainment. You give your opinion on something and all of the sudden you cant shoot, tune your bow, control adrenalin ect. But don't you dare speak bad about something that some think is the rebirth of bow hunting. I tried them I don't like them.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bbearfax
Ok all you bow tuning pros, tell me this why can I shoot a 4 inch group with my fixed blade heads at 50 yards. But the Rage heads shoot a 12 inch group at 20 yards? One other thing the blue practice tips did group better that the actual hunting heads but still not as well as the fixed blade heads. I am curious also what do you all consider accurate? If you can keep it in the 8 ring is that good enough for you? Because it sure is not for me. LOL at doe fever BTW.
Tell me this Bbearfax, why is that you shoot better at 50 yards then you do at 20 yards.. A blind man can shoot and make a 12 inch group at 20 yards, in a none hunting situation.. Maybe you just suck at shooting your bow... maybe its not a tuning problem at all, it's probably more of a lack of convindence in your equipment.. Once again your stories just don't add up.. I don't know what to tell you, go back to fixed blades and shoot them--its apprent that you have some convindence in them--or do you?? Because if you did then you wouldn't have change in the first place!!!! My final comment is that doe fever got you!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I dropped my glove from the stand the year I shot Rage 2 blade and because the way the two blade folded, I wrapped my hoist rope below the fletching and lowered the arrow. Hooked the glove on the back end "V" tip of the blade and WALLA....no more cold hand!

For me Rage doesn't provide enough penetration back to cut on contact blades...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.