Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Tracking a potentially wounded deer. >

Tracking a potentially wounded deer.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tracking a potentially wounded deer.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Not to sound discouraging, but the 2 deer I have harvested with liver shots all died within 20 seconds and 40 yards of the initial shot. Granted it was only two deer though.

Good luck
Old 10-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

wait until tomorrow...time time time...liver, i like to wait 8-12 which may be over kill to some...but will not bump the deer...give her over night and i will hope to see a pic with a big smile on your face
Old 10-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Spike

Well thanks alot guys. Yall were right. I let her lie and found her right where I bumped her last night. It wasn't the best shot but it definately got her liver. I'll post pics as soon as I can, don't have a camera except my phone and no cell service out in the sticks . I'm proud to get my first deer on my own. It ain't easy without someone really teaching you but this site along with ArcheryTalk taught me what I needed to know.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the find!!! And its nice to hear that you didnt just give up on finding it. I will hang around and wait on the pics.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

YEAH DW!!!

glad all the advice helped you out...cannot wait to see pics...congrats on finding her and know that you did the right thing!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first, even better for not giving up. Probably hooked for good...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

congrats my buddie got his first doe today also first deer with archery liver/gut shot ha what the chances
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Spike

Well here she is. My buddy came over this evening and helped me skin and butcher her. He showed me all the cuts and did it all for me. I gave him some of the meat for doing me the favor and kept alot for myself.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats!!!...we all learned lessons from every single deer we have killed. Good job on finding your first bow kill!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Congrats!

Well done, Ol' DW! Way to stick with it. Something you'll never forget.

Giving a deer time to expire is always the right thing to do.

Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.