Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My continuing increasing hatetered for gander. >

My continuing increasing hatetered for gander.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My continuing increasing hatetered for gander.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jeep4x4greg
SHOP YOUR LOCAL SMALL FFL INSTEAD! (small stores and home-based FFLs like me!)

tell them the prices you've found...ask them to beat it....chances are they will. I routinely sell guns for a 5$ profit just so I can get the business instead of a bigger store. Also builds a good customer relationship.

You can also save a significant amount of money on high dollar items by buying out of state so you avoid sales taxes....i see a lot of cases where the 20-25$ transfer fee from an FFL is less than the tax rate it would have been if they bought in state.
Is there a database/list of FFL on here someplace?

b
Old 10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thatguybme
Is there a database/list of FFL on here someplace?

b

Gunbroker has a link that you can find FFl in tour area for transfers

Check some of your local gun shops as many will do transfers for a fee
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Spike

yea Gunbroker has a good list as mentioned....you can find a lot of home-based people there...those will usually get you the best prices.

transfers range from $15-35+ so it really pays to shop around if you are buying online or on gunbroker.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya i looked at gunbroker before. But luckly even buying over the phone or online i will not need a ffl for the triumph as it is just a muzzleloader. Though your guy's prices for a transfer seems low around here 40 or even 50 is not unheard of. When i was looking at getting my glock i had two guys say 50 4 between 30 and 40 and one hang up on me when he told me he wanted 625 and i asked what his transfer fee would be on the glock. 100 more heck what did he expect.