Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My continuing increasing hatetered for gander. >

My continuing increasing hatetered for gander.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My continuing increasing hatetered for gander.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Spike

SHOP YOUR LOCAL SMALL FFL INSTEAD! (small stores and home-based FFLs like me!)

tell them the prices you've found...ask them to beat it....chances are they will. I routinely sell guns for a 5$ profit just so I can get the business instead of a bigger store. Also builds a good customer relationship.

You can also save a significant amount of money on high dollar items by buying out of state so you avoid sales taxes....i see a lot of cases where the 20-25$ transfer fee from an FFL is less than the tax rate it would have been if they bought in state.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I checked the local dealer he has it but wantes 600. The last time i asked him to match a price he said i am not some little guy online selling stuff out of his shed. SO i did not ask him to match it. I was going to ask about the taxs i found it from a place in florida but he a gave me a good price but added the sales tax. So where talking like 80 bucks in taxs. Might call him back and ask whats up with the sales tax maybe he forgot. it was not so much the price with gander there price was good for once. The issue was with the service. I get a warrenty on a firearm but not a muzzleloader. They would not even mount the scope for free if i buy it all there. Which they do on firearms. Just seems alittle bad for customor service. A 30 dollar scope and sight fee and a stupied warrenty cost them a sale. There getting real close to losing my buisness all togather
Originally Posted by jeep4x4greg
SHOP YOUR LOCAL SMALL FFL INSTEAD! (small stores and home-based FFLs like me!)

tell them the prices you've found...ask them to beat it....chances are they will. I routinely sell guns for a 5$ profit just so I can get the business instead of a bigger store. Also builds a good customer relationship.

You can also save a significant amount of money on high dollar items by buying out of state so you avoid sales taxes....i see a lot of cases where the 20-25$ transfer fee from an FFL is less than the tax rate it would have been if they bought in state.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
well i thought about that. But i tryed to get them to with the bradley had ot go to indy to get it. I found it from another forummember and he matched the best price i found. And even with a extra 10% i would not want to buy it from them after he has helped alot. Now 20% and where talk.
Totally understand where you are coming from!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same complaints with the Gander Mt here. I asked why the online price was cheaper than the in store price. Took a couple of people before I could get an answer------The price equals out when you add in shipping.----whatever
Also problems with them not having an advertised item or they advertise an item and then in the store it is completely differnt----------example the H&R ultra slug hunter

Its a crock they wont mount the scope if you are buying the gun and scope from them. I wouldnt waste my money on their boresighting as the on ethey did for me was no where near close.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ya when i shoot my 10/22 at a clay it is about 4 inchs off. I can aim at the bottom right and hit the slight high and left side of center. It will be getting fixed this weeknd. One reason i ant squrrial hunted yet.
Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
Same complaints with the Gander Mt here. I asked why the online price was cheaper than the in store price. Took a couple of people before I could get an answer------The price equals out when you add in shipping.----whatever
Also problems with them not having an advertised item or they advertise an item and then in the store it is completely differnt----------example the H&R ultra slug hunter

Its a crock they wont mount the scope if you are buying the gun and scope from them. I wouldnt waste my money on their boresighting as the on ethey did for me was no where near close.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had bought a box of 9MM rounds for 54.00 at a farm store and I go to Gander and they had the exact box of 9MM for 79.00. At that point and time I decided they had receive my last dollar. They were no better than the pimps marking up ammo at gun shows. Shameful they would even treat their "customers" like that.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great Bowhuntung thread .....
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GR8atta2d
Great Bowhuntung thread .....
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Spike

If you continue to hate Gander, why do you go back there?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do not know why. Guess it is like that bad ex you keep going back to you realize there bad for you but you keep going
Originally Posted by Illini_Fan
If you continue to hate Gander, why do you go back there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.