HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My continuing increasing hatetered for gander.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

I checked the local dealer he has it but wantes 600. The last time i asked him to match a price he said i am not some little guy online selling stuff out of his shed. SO i did not ask him to match it. I was going to ask about the taxs i found it from a place in florida but he a gave me a good price but added the sales tax. So where talking like 80 bucks in taxs. Might call him back and ask whats up with the sales tax maybe he forgot. it was not so much the price with gander there price was good for once. The issue was with the service. I get a warrenty on a firearm but not a muzzleloader. They would not even mount the scope for free if i buy it all there. Which they do on firearms. Just seems alittle bad for customor service. A 30 dollar scope and sight fee and a stupied warrenty cost them a sale. There getting real close to losing my buisness all togather
Originally Posted by jeep4x4greg
SHOP YOUR LOCAL SMALL FFL INSTEAD! (small stores and home-based FFLs like me!)

tell them the prices you've found...ask them to beat it....chances are they will. I routinely sell guns for a 5$ profit just so I can get the business instead of a bigger store. Also builds a good customer relationship.

You can also save a significant amount of money on high dollar items by buying out of state so you avoid sales taxes....i see a lot of cases where the 20-25$ transfer fee from an FFL is less than the tax rate it would have been if they bought in state.