Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

predator camo

Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default predator camo

I have been using mossy oak for many years now and didn't think that i wanted to change. however, this past weekend i went hunting with my friend who uses predator camo fall gray. i was sceptical until i looked at him up in his stand. wow does it work.

my question is what is the best pattern to use? i hunt primarily in oak woods but occasionally will hunt cedar swamps. also, i almost always hunt from a tree stand.

let me know what yall think. I am kinda leaning towards brown deception.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have a fall brown jacket and pants and I have fall grey bibs. They are pretty similar, I guess I like the fall grey better for being up in a tree when the leaves start to drop since it has a lighter looking contrast. Even with lots of leaves BOTH still look great up in the tree compared to Mossy. Also, it seems to work good when the snow hits the ground too.

I also have some ASAT bibs that I sometimes swap in. Both ASAT and Predator are weird to look at, but they sure blend in nice. I have hung them in trees behind the house and walked to different distances and they blend in great.

Good luck,
Chris