Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So close

Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Spike

Default So close

Friday after my 1oclock class i flew to my hunting land which is only 15 mins from campus. Next thing i knew i was in my tree by 2:15. Was seeing a few deer when i decided to try out my new pack rack rattling system (Amazing product). As soon as i stopped rattling a lil six pointer came over the hill. When he got to about 20 yards infront of me he locked up as if to see a ghost. He was looking right threw my tree. As soon as i peaked over my shoulder i saw two shooters coming straight at me, I wont ever forget that image. Just as i was getting ready to take a shot at what i though was going to be 20 yards the 6 pointer i totally forgot about took off running and they turned and, followed in desperation i grunted and the big 9 stopped at36 yards in a small opening. I put my pin on him but just couldnt get myself to take that shot it all just happened to fast for me. Then i just watched them walk over the ridge and gone.
Sorry story is kinda long but its the best night i hac\ve had in the woods this year and couldnt help but tell yall.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

good story. thanks for sharing