Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
LOOK at this New York buck 6+ years old >

LOOK at this New York buck 6+ years old

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LOOK at this New York buck 6+ years old

Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

honestly.. for our area in NY.. if you DIDNT mount him .. you would probably get shot.. that thing is ridiculous..

i know about 30 dudes that would straight up pay the 400 to get it mounted
Old 10-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I personally would do a euro mount on him. i would not pay 400 to have a shoulder mount done if I didnt shoot him. I would do a nice euro mount my self. It would be a great story and memory to tell your grand kids someday.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TheMiz54
I personally would do a euro mount on him.
Me too.

That is a nice buck for sure!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
pathetic...why would anyone wanna tag , eat, and mount a deer killed by a vehicle?
This is just a non-needed statement!! It doesn't havre to be killed by hunting to get it mounted, it's a trophy deer that was unfortinate to get killed that way. It is most certainly a trophy no matter what, and deserves the respect to be put on the wall. Makes a wonderful conversation piece!!
Old 10-24-2009, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

Many years ago there was a buck hit by a car about 5 miles from my house. I think this was back in the early 90's. If memory serves me right, it set a new state record for " road kill ". I think they said, that had it been taken by a hunter it would have made the top 5 in the state record books. I didn't get to see it, but was told it was a ridiculously big buck.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine started a " bug box " business here in our area. Has boxes he built full of beetles from , I believe Brazil. that clean everything off skull/bone. Then shellacks and polishes. Makes awesome Euro mount.

This IS a nice buck, but far from a " monster ", especially for the area of Erie Co./Niagara co. Personally, I wouldn't invest much dinero on it.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dyb3and88
Many years ago there was a buck hit by a car about 5 miles from my house. I think this was back in the early 90's. If memory serves me right, it set a new state record for " road kill ". I think they said, that had it been taken by a hunter it would have made the top 5 in the state record books. I didn't get to see it, but was told it was a ridiculously big buck.

I know the buck and saw it the evening it was hit. Fergy, a state trooper, was, I believe, the third person on the scene that finally accepted it. He couldn't believe his luck. It was a monster. Scored close to 220" gross, NT. Supposedly aged at only 4 1/2. Nailed right at 13/17. I hunted that buck for better than two years and never saw it during the daylight hours. Saw plenty of it's sign though.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by crokit
I know the buck and saw it the evening it was hit. Fergy, a state trooper, was, I believe, the third person on the scene that finally accepted it. He couldn't believe his luck. It was a monster. Scored close to 220" gross, NT. Supposedly aged at only 4 1/2. Nailed right at 13/17. I hunted that buck for better than two years and never saw it during the daylight hours. Saw plenty of it's sign though.

I travel the 13/17 route often enough to know I'd give a nut or two, to hunt that area. I have seen some large creatures on that stretch of road.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Spike

that is nice

i would mount it for sure

o but i am a taxidermist lol
Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gergie
I travel the 13/17 route often enough to know I'd give a nut or two, to hunt that area. I have seen some large creatures on that stretch of road.

True that! I have permission to hunt alot of it between Elmira and Alpine Junction.LOOK at this New York buck 6+ years old-dsci0074003.jpg From that area.

Last edited by crokit; 10-24-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.