HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   LOOK at this New York buck 6+ years old (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/307683-look-new-york-buck-6-years-old.html)

shott8283 10-23-2009 07:30 PM

honestly.. for our area in NY.. if you DIDNT mount him .. you would probably get shot.. that thing is ridiculous..

i know about 30 dudes that would straight up pay the 400 to get it mounted

TheMiz54 10-23-2009 07:32 PM

I personally would do a euro mount on him. i would not pay 400 to have a shoulder mount done if I didnt shoot him. I would do a nice euro mount my self. It would be a great story and memory to tell your grand kids someday.

WV Hunter 10-23-2009 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by TheMiz54 (Post 3482518)
I personally would do a euro mount on him.

Me too.

That is a nice buck for sure!

SRBowman 10-23-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3481958)
pathetic...why would anyone wanna tag , eat, and mount a deer killed by a vehicle?

This is just a non-needed statement!! It doesn't havre to be killed by hunting to get it mounted, it's a trophy deer that was unfortinate to get killed that way. It is most certainly a trophy no matter what, and deserves the respect to be put on the wall. Makes a wonderful conversation piece!!

dyb3and88 10-24-2009 03:04 AM

Many years ago there was a buck hit by a car about 5 miles from my house. I think this was back in the early 90's. If memory serves me right, it set a new state record for " road kill ". I think they said, that had it been taken by a hunter it would have made the top 5 in the state record books. I didn't get to see it, but was told it was a ridiculously big buck.

crokit 10-24-2009 03:08 AM

A buddy of mine started a " bug box " business here in our area. Has boxes he built full of beetles from , I believe Brazil. that clean everything off skull/bone. Then shellacks and polishes. Makes awesome Euro mount.

This IS a nice buck, but far from a " monster ", especially for the area of Erie Co./Niagara co. Personally, I wouldn't invest much dinero on it.

crokit 10-24-2009 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by dyb3and88 (Post 3482611)
Many years ago there was a buck hit by a car about 5 miles from my house. I think this was back in the early 90's. If memory serves me right, it set a new state record for " road kill ". I think they said, that had it been taken by a hunter it would have made the top 5 in the state record books. I didn't get to see it, but was told it was a ridiculously big buck.

I know the buck and saw it the evening it was hit. Fergy, a state trooper, was, I believe, the third person on the scene that finally accepted it. He couldn't believe his luck. It was a monster. Scored close to 220" gross, NT. Supposedly aged at only 4 1/2. Nailed right at 13/17. I hunted that buck for better than two years and never saw it during the daylight hours. Saw plenty of it's sign though.

gergie 10-24-2009 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by crokit (Post 3482614)
I know the buck and saw it the evening it was hit. Fergy, a state trooper, was, I believe, the third person on the scene that finally accepted it. He couldn't believe his luck. It was a monster. Scored close to 220" gross, NT. Supposedly aged at only 4 1/2. Nailed right at 13/17. I hunted that buck for better than two years and never saw it during the daylight hours. Saw plenty of it's sign though.

I travel the 13/17 route often enough to know I'd give a nut or two, to hunt that area. I have seen some large creatures on that stretch of road.

AfterLife 10-24-2009 10:24 AM

that is nice

i would mount it for sure

o but i am a taxidermist lol

crokit 10-24-2009 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gergie (Post 3482635)
I travel the 13/17 route often enough to know I'd give a nut or two, to hunt that area. I have seen some large creatures on that stretch of road.

True that! I have permission to hunt alot of it between Elmira and Alpine Junction.Attachment 4203 From that area.