Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Finally had enough! >

Finally had enough!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally had enough!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

An old man like that, set in his ways... If he's not a hunter, there is a good chance he didn't even think about the impact this could have - I've had relatives do stuff like that and later tell me they felt bad and didn't even think about it.... Personally, I wouldn't worry about it - let them finish up and then hunt it. I have several places that get a lot of disturbance like that and I still hunt them and see some deer. Yeah, I wonder what some of those places would be without all the bullcrap but what you gonna do...

While it's tempting to send him an itemized bill for everything you did and tell him **happens when he asks what's the deal... Your probably better off taking the high road on this and not making a bigger deal about it...
Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

In this instance I would make a big deal about it. It doesn't sound to me that once the chemicals are sprayed and all the underbrush dies it would be worth hunting at all.

Figure out what the going rate for every little bit of your hard work is worth and then file a law suit that includes all of your work, court costs and attorney fees. I am not one for filing suits for every little thing but a verbal contract is a legal binding contract. You followed through on your part and he obviously did not follow through on his end.

Sounds like you could easily file for a few thousand dollars at least and if what you say is a true account of events a deserved amount.

People like this old man have never had any one stand up to them and put them in their place. Sounds to me that he needs to be brought down a few notches.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best thing you can do is go get all your stands, leave his property and never talk to the old man again.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Spike

Default Unethical folks

Similar happened to me last year, First year paid my money was a ethical hunter killed a deer went home left stands up for next year. Next summer made deal over the phone sent check[3 hour drive away and it was well scouted from year befor]. Went to hunt and she had ran other hunters in on me . I had an exclusive deal. Had daughter with me. Small place too many hunters around, safety was an issue. Complained, took deer stands down, and went home to my other spot and we had a great hunt. She called next year wanted to know if I wanted it again this time exclusive for sure this time. Told her I don't think so. She was unable to lease it this time. She Called again and dropped price. Again told her, No thanks she was not a person that could be trusted. It Upset her that I thought she was dishonest and said she really needed the money was why she ran the other hunters in. [ admitted she did it but was not dishonest???] Told her I already had a place to hunt and would not be back. Moral is what go's around comes around. Your old guy is a crook , Tell him what you think and walk away or he will just continue S---w you. Sounds a lot like an Obamination guy to me.
Wayles
Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

The old man is actually a retired attorney who is constantly threatening to sue the neighbors and he also calls the police every time he hears a neighbor having a bonfire party or if someone stacks something along the fence line and it is crossing the line by a couple of inches. I have had many conversations with the neighbors and they all are waiting for him to kill over soon, lol. The good thing is that he lives downtown Cincinnati, which is about 40 minutes from the property, so getting my stands shouldn't be an issue. Up until this year he was able to drive, but since the dementia, his wife took his car keys from him. I actually was nice enough to drive to his house and take him out to the property 5-6 times this year, that's about a 3 hour commute each time. I told him over the phone that i was gonna take that sign down and he said "you can't do that, you gave it to me". I would feel much better if i burnt the thing than allowing him to use it. haha
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

I was able to make some phone calls this evening and i lined up two other property's to hunt. Maybe this was for the better.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Spike

I would tell him I gave you the sign, not my labor... The bill is in the mail...
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably hunt it this season and then take my $2000 sign back and say screw ya man. However he is old and wont be around much longer so who knows maybe your in his will, haha. The guy is an idiot for pullin that and just to put him in his place I'd take that sign back. WCL
Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dstubb
I told him over the phone that i was gonna take that sign down and he said "you can't do that, you gave it to me". I would feel much better if i burnt the thing than allowing him to use it. haha
Take it back!! Then tell him to sue me and prove that I gave it to you then send him the bill if he wants it back, lol. Tell him two can play this game. Good you found some more land to hunt. Now go get that sign, haha. Boy will be hot then!! WCL
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I told him over the phone that i was gonna take that sign down and he said "you can't do that, you gave it to me".
You gave him the sign just like he gave you the rights to hunt. He knew all along that he was sending people into the woods during the hunting season in effect ending your hunting. Take the sign and don't look back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.