Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand? >

What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the scariest/wildest/wierdest thing you've ever seen while in your treestand?

Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bowfly
Scariest - I had a black bear cub climb up my tree and sit on the cross member that braces against the tree...then comes mama bear and he goes ape s$@& and starts making a ton of noise...she stands up, against my ladder, and somehow cuffs him into her front legs and carries him off...she goes 5 yards or so and just stares at me...goes to a tree and stands again, raking her claws down the side of it...i was in a similar snare drum situation
Dude I would have to clean my pants out after that.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

I was on the way to my stand early dark when a Coyote touched off a howl about 50 yards from me....sent a shiver up my spine...any other time I couldn't get that close if I tried.

Another time I was in my stand overlooking a hay field on the edge of some tall pines. I was trying to wait out the does that were feeding as dusk turned to dark. All of a sudden I see this Huge wingspan with claws extended coming right for my face as the Owl landed on the limb right over top of me. I froze and he looked left, then he looked at me with eyes as big as golf balls before flying away.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have had 4 times where owls tried to take me or at least land in the tree w/ me & one time it was a golden eagle coming in. The first time I was walking in in the dark along a hedge row when a caught a glimpse of an owl diving at me. It was so close I literally hit the ground & rolled away. Later that morning I had an owl come at me in the tree. That time I threw up my bow hand w/ bow in hand & yelled to flair him off. I don't recall seeing any deer that morning. The other 2 owl encounters were this year. I guess they are attracted to me. The eagle was much like the second owl as I didn't see him until he was below the tree tops & coming hard.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

setting in the stand when I was suppose to be home, and the wife comes and gets me.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

the scariest is prolly when this big boar coon came out of this hole on the limb right my stand. lol he wasnt too happy lol

the wildest has gotta be when i seen that bobcat catch and eat a turkey

the wierdest thing ive ever seen was a cuple years ago on a 80 degree hott day in ealry bow season, this kid in a beanie, heavy jacket, heavy pants, thick snow gloves and a thick facemask came running, (literally running) back and forth thru my stand sight lol
Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Spike

It was so close I literally hit the ground & rolled away.

Would have liked to see that one.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Birds, freak lightning storms, and treestands slipping all top my list.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
setting in the stand when I was suppose to be home, and the wife comes and gets me.
Definitely the scariest thing i have read on here. LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
I saw another hunter come within 15yds of my tree and decide it was a good place to take a dump!! I let him get his pants around his ankles and then gave him a soft "i am up here" he tripped and fell all over the place as he tried to pull his pants up. i laughed so hard i almost fell out of the tree. betcha he will think twice before he pops a squat in my area again! lol. Sorry not really a scary story but very funny when it happened.
ROTFLOL thats the best thing I have heard all day!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I second the owl story! Its happened more than once. You want to talk about something to get the heart pumping, try having an owl fly at your beady little eyes that are showing behind your camo mask or a hawk seeing a finger wiggle when its the only thing not in camo. Yeah, they'll make you wish for an extra set of undies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.