Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Busted - three days in a row. >

Busted - three days in a row.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Busted - three days in a row.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

if ya came home after a hard day of hunting and there was a deer in your livin room, would ya notice? these deer kno those tree's like the back of their hoof lol...try puttin a dummy in the tree durin off season....or try and find a spot in tall grass you can "pop-up" out of when she is comin, bow drawn of course... maybe a "black hole" in the tree's sumwhere, where the sun comin up or goin down akes it hard to see in..gl
Old 10-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

gl, hope you get a crack at her
Old 10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Spike

I think mature does are the hardest deer to hunt. They are never stupid. I also have an ASAT 3D suit and have been busted by older does. It's like they have a 6th sense sometimes and look straight up at me. But one thing I always avoid is direct eye contact. When a deer starts walking towards me, I straight squinting just in case they look up. I have spooked deer just by blinking. I don't think you can win a staring contest with a deer. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hmm, I like the dummy in a tree plan. Oh, wait...........
Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Spike

Good luck on that old doe!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old does sure are smart. Had one last year that was only using three legs and I was after her all year. She had one fawn and she would walk in front of her fawn all the time until she got about 50 yards out from wherever my stand was and the fawn would go ahead and do a circle around my tree and smell her then go trot over to the doe and they would walk the other way or around me. The only times she would stay ahead of the fawn she would spot me as soon as she got within 40 yards. They sure are tough but good luck!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I had one that busted me over and over last year.
Got busted two days in a row this year ( not the same doe ).
How do you like the ASAT camo? I have been looking hard at it but haven't made the plunge.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 2robinhood
How do you like the ASAT camo? I have been looking hard at it but haven't made the plunge.
It's fantastic. Like I said before, this is the first time that I've ever had a deer spot me when I knew they were there. Of course, if you don't know they're there and you're moving, they'll see you no matter how good the camo is.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what they make rifle season for. Teach 'em a lesson.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Them are usually the ones you want to take out. If you can get lucky enough to get her in for a shot. I have one that has busted me several times this year as well. I tell ya though, if she messes up once, shes dead. Im sick of her coming in at the same time every nite while im in my stand over looking one of our cornfields and having her blow and stomp even at 60-80 yards away....I know shes not winding me because the wind is generally out of the north or west when she comes in. And she always comes in from the west. Im hoping for the day she decides to come in and offer me a 15 yard broadside or slight 1/4 away shot....shell be meat in the freezer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.