HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Busted - three days in a row. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/306573-busted-three-days-row.html)

LittleChief 10-12-2009 04:26 AM

Busted - three days in a row.

One of my goals this year is now to take the old doe that just busted me three times this weekend. Jeez, she's a smart old girl. She's the first deer EVER that I've had pick me off up in a tree wearing an ASAT 3D suit even when I knew they were coming and I was ready.

It's the same doe I mentioned in another thread - she's moving alone. Each time I've been busted, I've moved my stand to another spot. Every time that I move, she seems to walk straight to me. Yesterday at 5:40, for the third time, she was so close to stepping into my shooting window and she stopped, looked around, looked up and spotted me. I was perfectly still, hiding behind my bow waiting. That bald head went up and down a few times, our eyes locked for almost a full minute, then she blew and was gone.

This is getting old. I WILL outsmart this old nanny before the season is over.

lifesadrag 10-12-2009 04:35 AM

Good luck with her....them old does are the smartest deer in the woods IMO!

mfd1027 10-12-2009 05:42 AM

It's on!! I love getting into a chess match with a mature doe. I know you probably know this but getting caught up in a staring match with any deer is a sure way to get busted. I avoid eye contact at all costs. You'll get her.

Dan

7VALLEYS 10-12-2009 06:24 AM

I agree. Them old doe are the hardest to kill out of all the deer in the woods.

MeanV2 10-12-2009 06:34 AM

Yep!! She needs Killed BAD!!:D

Dan

solocamcan 10-12-2009 07:37 AM

I agree...I get more nervous when a mature Doe is coming into range than a big buck, I know that is @ssbackwards, but I've been picked off by them more than bucks 10 to 1, but like mfd said, I like those "games", it makes getting her all that more rewarding. Good Luck.

byg 10-12-2009 08:17 AM

LOL.. I am dealing with the same thing, I thought to myself you better take her out,but she wont give ya the chance. They are smart had a 6pt staring at me licking nose etc....but didnt care milled around wouldnt leave, but nanny was on me like stink on ****. Good luck

NCRemington700 10-12-2009 10:54 AM

Thats entertaining stuff! Next time don't make eye contact. That will send them on the run in a heart beat.

nodog 10-12-2009 11:25 AM

I saw one lasr year or the one before. Had a black mane around her neck like a lion and a look on her face like she'd killed her share of predators in her time. The others with her were clueless. One bad a.. deer.

Would rather just watch her work than kill her, but given the chance I'm pretty sure I would.

LittleChief 10-12-2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by NCRemington700 (Post 3470988)
Thats entertaining stuff! Next time don't make eye contact. That will send them on the run in a heart beat.

Yeah, I'm getting that from a lot of folks, and while there seem to be differing opinions on it, if our next encounter is "up close and personal" I'll be looking at her feet from under the bill of my camo ball cap.