Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Son of a B@#$!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Son of a B@#$!

Well got out in the stand tonight when the wife got home from work. Got in around 4ish and about 4:30 I see 2 Toms and 8 hens heading to me across the bean field. I am like cool, I can fill my turkey tag, maybe. Then I see a doe at the top of the bean field and the turkey start to move out. I was like well that doe must be messing with them. I look over to my right and not one but TWO BIG ASS eight pointers are standing 100 yards away. They must of went about 140 on one and 160 on the other. Behind them was a weird ass deer. It had a fork on the left side and on the right side it had some type of antler grown straight down, nothing going up. Awsome, the deer must of been about 2ish.. Gonna be cool to see what that is going to be in about 3 years. Just when I get pumped I glass back to the turkeys, two DOGS are rolling across the field. They must of been chasing the deer. I was pissed. I am such an animal lover and dog lover, but if those dogs would of came closer, WELL. Well everything took off and then it was dark.. Great night, and at least I saw what was rubbing all those trees of mine.........................Saw those two big 8's and a Piebald doe this week. Great hunting so far. I for sure am back out tomorrow...... Going to go down to about 30ish tonight...

Last edited by markjenna; 10-10-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice outing, except for the mutts! Keep after those 8pts, one of them will make a mistake sooner or later when the rut rolls around.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Thats nice you have all that activity in your area, except for the dogs of courst!

Keep at it!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious: Based on the report, what makes you sure the dogs were chasing deer?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

That always sucks to hear something like that. A few years back I had a dog chase a four pointer and a ten pointer right by my stand at like ten yards but they were doing mach 10. I was pissed to say the least.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

the dogs just wanna hang with the deer, animals are animals and if they were huntin dogs thats another story, usually if they are huntin dogs they will be accompanied by their 2 legged friend the man, i have herd of people trainin their dawgs to herd deer to their property, and everymorin i can hear about 15-30 dogs barkin accross the way, i aint sure if it is jus a bunch of wild dogs or if someones owns them.much less if they are huntin dogs.

1 guy by us shot the neighbors great dane, cause he told the guy he would if he came back over on the property. well there it was runnin with the deer through the woods, he says he shot the big doe, but we all kno he shot that dog on purpose. he had a shot at a deer too and killed the dog.wasnt my dog no biggie to me just a story .
Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

I know they were chasing them because they went right were the bucks went into the woods.. If forget to mention two nights before the same two dogs were running a couple of does by my stand. Just didn't post that. So twice the same two dogs were running deer. I don't know if the third time will be a charm.....
Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It will pay off sooner or later stick with it, ihad a lady that liked to walk our property with here dogs kind of frusterating.. But goodluck with those big boys!!!

- nick