Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Be very crefull while shooting or this can happen to you! >

Be very crefull while shooting or this can happen to you!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be very crefull while shooting or this can happen to you!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch! now thats gotta hurt, seeing more and more of this happening with carbons lately.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Dang, my hand hurts just looking at.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

OMG! well that has freaked me out for the day!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't say his career is over, get a good ortho-surgeon he should be okay...his season for sure is over!

When I was in first grade I got both my hands caught in the pully system of our garage door...ended up losing two tips of fingers on my left hand and tearing most of the tendons in my right...I had a great ortho and have no adverse effects from the ordeal except the missing of two finger tips...I'm lucky to be able to make a fist with my right hand...just saying with some therapy and a good doctor he should be able to shoot again...at least it wasn't his draw hand, or at least I'm assuming it isn't.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default What I was told

He fired the arrow while it was off the rest.

Arrow may have broken or maybe it had a field point on it.

Doesnt take alot of contact to a rest to splinter a carbon arrow.
DB
Old 10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Youth in my town

Originally Posted by daveyrock
I wouldn't say his career is over, get a good ortho-surgeon he should be okay...his season for sure is over!

When I was in first grade I got both my hands caught in the pully system of our garage door...ended up losing two tips of fingers on my left hand and tearing most of the tendons in my right...I had a great ortho and have no adverse effects from the ordeal except the missing of two finger tips...I'm lucky to be able to make a fist with my right hand...just saying with some therapy and a good doctor he should be able to shoot again...at least it wasn't his draw hand, or at least I'm assuming it isn't.

Has had three surgerys to remove carbon from his hand. He back hunting and shooting. But still has carbon in his hand today and may need another surgery in the future. Carbon splinters in such small pieces.
DB
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

That is amazing and great to hear!!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Bet they dont see that in the ER every day!! ouch!!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OklaBowhunter
Has had three surgerys to remove carbon from his hand. He back hunting and shooting. But still has carbon in his hand today and may need another surgery in the future. Carbon splinters in such small pieces.
DB
That's fantastic. I know of two other hunters where this happened to them and they will never be able to grasp a bow.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy $hit.....The first thing that caught my eye was those carbon splinters protruding out of his hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.