Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz >

Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz

Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz

Hey guys, I own a 2003 chevy cavalier, its the only thing I have, I don't have a truck I can use or anything. So my question is this, I usually only hunt when I can go with my gf's dad since he has a truck, but I am tired of only being able to go when he can. So do any of you out there know a good way for me to be able to transport a deer if I hunt by myself and shoot one? I don't want to strap it to my hood or anything either, and it would be very difficult to get it in the trunk I think. Thanks

-Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Line the trunk with a tarp. Your only other option is to strap it to the roof (I don't recommend that!).
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Worry about transporting it after its on the ground. Go hunting when you want by yourself-then should you shoot one call your gf's dad or someone else to help you go get it. If you are worried about leaving your dead deer in the woods for a while til you get help cover it up with sticks and leaves to hide it. I do it all the time so i can go get my deer draggin cart.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

1/4 it and put it in the trunk. I've loaded a buck into a pontiac sunbird 2 door. Where there is a will there is a way.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
bigcountry

If you know anyone in law enforcement or goverment work, they can get you some body bags that work great. REal heavy plastic material. This is what I used when using my camary. I have put ice in there any no leakage. Figured its good enough for a person, why not a deer? I have put an 160lb deer in there. But not sure if I could put much more.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigCountry!! Your one sick dude. JK!! That's all I need is to be motoring down the Mass pike with a body bag hanging out of the wife's accord.
I do agree with rh about crossing that bridge when you get to it. In 1986 I strapped one across the roof of my Toyota and off I went. I got just as many thumbs up as I did middle fingers.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Planter
BigCountry!! Your one sick dude. JK!! That's all I need is to be motoring down the Mass pike with a body bag hanging out of the wife's accord.
I do agree with rh about crossing that bridge when you get to it. In 1986 I strapped one across the roof of my Toyota and off I went. I got just as many thumbs up as I did middle fingers.
New ones don't look like they did in Vietnam

they just look like a 8ft long long hefty bag just 3-5 times thicker, that seal at one end. Trust me, it works great. I need to get some more.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

i got rid of my old pickup and i have a car now, i can usually find a buddy with a truck pretty easily but the best way is i agree, line the truck with a tarp, or wrap the deer in a tarp.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well...here's how it worked in my civic! I recommend using a rubber mat in your trunk though...and don't leave the skull cap with brain parts in your trunk for a week without a bag either...from what I hear it's hard to get rid of that smell!
Attached Thumbnails Small car, how to transport a deer?? Help plz-p1010126.jpg  

Last edited by natimage; 10-07-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I guess you could skin and quarter it if you dont want to strap it to the hood and getting it in the car is that big a problem .... I remember when i was a teenager ... i use to sneak my shotgun in my duffle bag and ride the school buss to a place i use to hunt and have my pops pick me up when he was done work if i killed a deer.God ... now a days id be put in jail for that ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.