Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Illinois action slow >

Illinois action slow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois action slow

Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois action slow

Man first weekend in Illinois first weekend was slow. Hunted sat morning and got shut out. Had plans for that evening so didnt get to hunt. I hunted this evening in a spot where i always see deer. I sat there forever with no action and finally seen a fawn and doe but let them walk. Everyone ive talked to havent seen many deer and some havent seen deer at all. A big reason i think is because of this full moon. Weather has been great though maybe this cooler weather will trigger an early rut hopefully the action picks up.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seen deer the first 2 days of season....nothing the last 2 days...I hate hunting in the full moon, and having 98% of the crops still in the field doesnt help matters much either. I think I will take a break for a few days, its supposed to warm back up anyways.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ad-09-a-5.html

you may want to go to the thread.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

I saw yesterday where over 6,000 deer were killed the first weekend. I believe the article said it was an all-time high.

I haven't gotten out yet but see deer everywhere when driving at night.

I see no lack of deer in Western Illinois.

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

i went out sunday morning and had a nice 8 pointer come in that i shot and never did find. that is the only deer i saw that morning. sunday evening i had a yearly and a doe come in. i shot the doe. so i saw three deer in the stand and nothing on the way in or heading back out which is odd. my friend that was hunting the same farm shot a doe and saw a couple more.