Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Had some problems the last 2 days with shootin my bow >

Had some problems the last 2 days with shootin my bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Had some problems the last 2 days with shootin my bow

Old 05-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Had some problems the last 2 days with shootin my bow

i have had a few problems shootin. no problems with the bow itself. it works great. but first i lost an arrow yesterday and i thought thats ok it happens. then after the last shot i took my peep fell off the string. but tonite i tried to get the peep back in and i did. the knot on both ends of the peep were he tied was alittle loose but they are tight now. so then i started shooting. everything was going good. got it sighted in so i wanted to see how far the 2 bottom peeps were sitghted in well it went over the straw bale and hit the garage. and the 2nd one did too. so i went to pull them out and one broke off and the other one came out but the fiting at the end came out so i have to glue it back in. o well i am so happy that i got a bow. i think once i get goin good with it i wont have any problems. but i am going to get 4 more carbons and some limb savers i think
Old 05-21-2003, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Had some problems the last 2 days with shootin my bow

Sounds like your having a ' ruff' one, we all have those days, but I still wouldnt give up the sport for anything, eh?
Old 05-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

nothin to worry about.....learn your bow and dont experiment with the garage as your backstop! lol...lucky nobody got hurt......i would died if i heard THACK! when i fierd and knew i smacked the garage....and i can gaurentee my dad would took my bow away and told me i dont get it back until i grow up....but stuff happens....learn from it..good luck with te new bow...i cant wait to get mine in a few weeks
Old 05-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya i was kinda mad, about hittin the garage but its an older one and it didnt do that much damage to it. well i am playin with the idea to just get 6 more arrows + 2 more to replace the 2 i lost and broke so that way i have 1 set for target and 1 set for hunting.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I assume you meant bottom " 2 pins not peeps were sighted in" , Right???? Did you change your distance? I assume you know the first pin is your closest sight setting and they graduate POI UP (distance) as you move down, right???? As far as little mishaps they happen to us all, it is part of the sport. On monday night I blew a carbon tipped with a broadhead right through my target and backstop, where it finally came to rest in a large Birch tree, ended up screwing up the BH, but the arrow is fine..still cost me some coin and choice words were said.

If the peep was just installed I' d be taking it back to the shop and do a little complaining about the workmanship, bet you get some free replacement arrows or something.

Keep flinging them, you' ve got lots of time to get effecient and fix the garage[]!
Old 05-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just an idea--maybe go out and get a dozen arrows--6 for target shooting and 6 for hunting?Starting out can be frustrating at times but you seem to have a good attitude about it--just keep it safe--be careful when drawing back as you may also experience an accidental early release.SAFETY FIRST!HAVE FUN!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am thinkin about doin that gettin 6 arrows just for practice.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:13 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Sounds pretty nomal for a new bow. I still chase and replace a lot of arrows and I' ve been at it for a while. Don' t get discouraged and keep it fun. Practice Practice Practice.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats what i am doin. i just cant stay away from it. i have to shoot it every nite after school i havent even hunted yet and i am addicted is that good or bad[][:-]
Old 05-22-2003, 09:44 PM

You have a great attitude, dont get discouraged. This is a great sport. Keep up the good work and practice, practice, practice. Things will start to go right.