Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Carbon Express Lazer Eye Lighted Nock >

Carbon Express Lazer Eye Lighted Nock

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Carbon Express Lazer Eye Lighted Nock

Old 09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned

Default Carbon Express Lazer Eye Lighted Nock

I am hunting with the New Victory V Force arrows this year, so I thought I would buy some lighted nocks for them, since I am not using my hard to find lighted nocks for A/C/C's this season. I bought these Carbon Express Lazer nocks at Wally World today for $15.97 a twin pack. They perform as advertised. They fit any arrow with an inside diameter of .244" and weigh 18.5 gr. My regular nocks weigh 10 gr, and I couldn't tell any noticeable difference in my shooting. Thes nocks fit real snug and are in no way loose or sloppy. With my girlfriend just starting bow hunting and this being her 1st year bow hunting deer, I put a couple in her quiver too, as I think she will get a kick out of watching the lighted nock whack the deer, and it will make for easier arrow retrieval for her. They fit perfectly on her arrows too, which are Goldtip Expedition Hunters. Here are our broad heads too, so that you can compare the 2; mine are tipped with the N.A.P Blood Runners and hers are tipped with Grizz Tricks. I have a pocketful of doe tags, 2 buck tags for IA, 2 buck tags for MO, and 1 buck tag for MN. Emily is just bow hunting IA. You know, at $20 each shot in most cases, with the cost of a broad head and an arrow, another $8 isn't too much to possibly help find an arrow imo.Good luck everyone!!

Old 09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 3 of them and can't get them to fit in a Carbon Express CX300. They fit so tight I have to force them in and then the light comes on. Backed them out a little but wasn't sure if they would work like that so I put them up.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

Rick, they do fit in snug, and are a little difficult to shut off, which is done by slightly backing them out, but they turn on easily when shot.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i posted a week ago about not liking them and then i finally got them to work...now i got them to work and i love them!! i pulled them in half bc they were too tight....i found out that you have to twist it a lil bit as you pull out...
Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

What activates these??? Do they work on the same principal as the Burt Coyote brand?? Two metal prongs hit on the shaft when you shoot...??

Magnet?? G-Force??
Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It took me all of 30 seconds to break the one I bought.

Rickmur, sand it a little on the nock side, and you'll be good. If you can't get the black part out then dab super glue on the end ram it in there and wait about 45 seconds and yatzee... But I screwed up bumped mine and now its dead super glued in my cx maxima.... If your really into it,make your own. That's what I'll be doing from now on. Get 6 nocks to make 3 lighted ones 3 any color and 3 clear, you need a drill maybe a 1/16 or 3/32 drill bit super glue and a thill bobber light replacement light. Your golden. Same thing but cheaper and you'll have the satisfaction that you made it yourself. If you want to pm me and I'll make you some.

Ryan.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bolton22
What activates these??? Do they work on the same principal as the Burt Coyote brand?? Two metal prongs hit on the shaft when you shoot...??

Magnet?? G-Force??
I read on AT that Burt Coyote makes these for Carbon Express??

Just simply pull out your current nock and put these in. No assembly required. When the nock is all the way in, it turns the nock on. By slightly pulling these out a tiny bit, this shuts them off. When an arrow is shot, the force of the string pushing the nock turns it back on. Designed for repeat use, and advertised to run up to 7 hours of illumination before battery would need replaced.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Spike

I shoot the Easton Tracer Nocks model with the magnet and couldn't be happier. No more having to worry about the nock accidentally getting pushed in and lighting up and running down your battery. No difference in the flight of my arrow lights up very bright every time, and in about ten seconds you can put them to sleep and not worry about accidental exposure to a magnet turning them on. They run about 19 dollars for a twin pack, and as said earlier well worth the money to retrieve an arrow that already has about 15 to 20 dollars in it.