Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Crossbow Hunter -- very down >

New Crossbow Hunter -- very down

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Crossbow Hunter -- very down

Old 09-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep at it and God's speed on getting your first with a bow. Ya made it happen, nothing sucks in that.

If you do suck, welcome to the group, we can always use the company.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, you're already a step ahead of me. This is my first season of hunting, and I've yet to see a deer, much less get a shot. I'm going back out to try again. I couldn't ride a bike the first time I tried either.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please dont get discouraged!!! We all make so many silly mistakes, and everyone misses deer. You are doing a great job, you back in the woods. Keep at it, dont quit
Old 09-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

i missed 4 deer in a row..all at about 23 yards.... all four were while i was in the same stand...and it was a clear shot... it happens, best of luck on your next hunt!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Bud.. This is the "Knee Pod". It's made by Horton crossbows I believe and would be perfect for steadying your shot. Works great in a ground blind and pretty good in a tree but I don't use it.

If you want to give it a try just drop me a note via PM and your address and it's yours. It's not a bad little helper and adjusts from 17" to 24".
Old 09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Spike

I missed a 190" class buck with a rifle last year. It was broadside at 75 yards staring right me. Now, how do I know it was a 190" class deer? Another guy in our camp ended up shooting him later.

That buck should have been mine! I am a sharp shooter and know my way around a rifle more than most. However, I get buck fever more than most and love every minute of it. The moment I stop getting so excited I am gonna stop hunting. I have been hunting for 3 decades and I still have missed more deer than I have shot. I would not have it any other way.

Chin up my friend. I am just happy you still get out into the woods and have a chance to miss all those deer out there.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't even sweat it bud. Happens to everyone, most of us more than a few times lol. You will redeem yourself, give it a chance and enjoy your time out in the woods!

Shane