Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Question about being scent free >

Question about being scent free

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about being scent free

Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Question about being scent free

All this talk about being scent free got me to thinking about my scent free regimine. Which brought me to a question. I am one of those guys that does everything right, except I get totaly dressed at home. This year I started doing it a little different. After my shower, I get dressed in everything except my leafy suit. I put that on at the truck, along with my boots.
My question is, is it ok to just put the leafy suit on over the clothes that I whear in the truck on the way to my spot, and then spray down good before I head to my stand? I know it would probably be better to strip all the way down after I get out of the truck, but it really gets cold here in Minnesota. I hope you can figure out what I am trying to geet at with this question.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
All this talk about being scent free got me to thinking about my scent free regimine. Which brought me to a question. I am one of those guys that does everything right, except I get totaly dressed at home. This year I started doing it a little different. After my shower, I get dressed in everything except my leafy suit. I put that on at the truck, along with my boots.
My question is, is it ok to just put the leafy suit on over the clothes that I whear in the truck on the way to my spot, and then spray down good before I head to my stand? I know it would probably be better to strip all the way down after I get out of the truck, but it really gets cold here in Minnesota. I hope you can figure out what I am trying to geet at with this question.

deer dude
better to put ur gear on at the stand if u r bow hunting, the leafy suit is not holdin in any scent it is jus camo....watever ur outer ware is under the leafy suite is whats holdin the scent in...make sure u wash it in scent free along with leafy suit and boots and put in a scent free bag by scentlockm take out scent free clothing at ur stand and put it on, tthis includes ur gloves wrist strap and hat..remember better to breath through ur mouf gl
Old 09-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally have scent free cloths that are just for driving to my areas. Once there, they come off and new scent free cloths are put on followed by whatever outerwear I am going to use then of course boots. Nothing that I wear in the woods gets put before I am at my hunting spot.

Shane