Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
price for hunting land >

price for hunting land

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

price for hunting land

Old 09-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default price for hunting land

I had a guy offer me some hunting land last year. It end up not working but he asked me a price not money. He told me i could hunt a 50 acre wood lot between 300 acres of corn and bean his family owned. His only request was i pay the proccessing fees or butcher it my self and give him half of all the deer i kill there.
Seemed like a high price to me. One day or every some meat but 50% of everything i kill. WOuld you take someone up on that offer. I did because i had no land to hunt and need some private land. 50% of a deer or two is better then none. This year a friend is buying some land i told him good i will come down and kill all those garden eating deer. He said fine as long as i get half the meat.

Is this really normaly.
Not that i am complaining but dam.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guess it depends on how bad you want to hunt.

Coinsidering what lease prices are becoming it doesnt sound too bad.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya i looked at one here that is going for 5600 for 280 acres on HLN even with the 5 hunters max where talking 1000 a year a hunter. Though i would properly pay it if i had a good group of guys to hunt it with.
The land last year fell through. The guy was a mason doing some work for us he did not finish and i guest figured he did not want me hunting there since he did not finish the job.
Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
Guess it depends on how bad you want to hunt.

Coinsidering what lease prices are becoming it doesnt sound too bad.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

In my area, that deal is a bargain. I am offering that exact same deal to the the farmers/land owners around here, so far no takers.

Dave
Old 09-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

If the place is any good and its exclusively yours then I really wouldn't complain. You'll kill more than one deer so don't worry about it. Process it yourself and you'll make out. Buy a meat grinder and and give hime ground venison.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Am I understanding the question correctly: You are being offered a chance to hunt land, and the only fee is you have to take care of cost of butchering deer YOU kill, and give the land owner HALF of the meat?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
ya i looked at one here that is going for 5600 for 280 acres on HLN even with the 5 hunters max where talking 1000 a year a hunter. Though i would properly pay it if i had a good group of guys to hunt it with.
The land last year fell through. The guy was a mason doing some work for us he did not finish and i guest figured he did not want me hunting there since he did not finish the job.

Yeah its alot of money for one guy . Finding the right guys to split it with is the key.

I was offered 240 acres of prime ground to lease------$12,000.
Aint no wat that was going to happen
Old 09-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be on that deal so fast your head would spin!! Lot's of guys out there with no where to hunt at all except limited public land. I would bet there are a lot of folks here that would shovel crap out his barn for a month to hunt there.

50 acres of land to hunt would be worth a lot to me thats for sure. Just knock down three quick doe's and fill his freezer for short money if you pay and shorter if you do your own cutting. Consider it a very cheap lease. Stack them up Bud!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

I have several farms that I have to my self and was never asked for any meat. Every year though I will take some meat to the owner. He appreciates it and I believe that it why I am the only person that hunts these properties.

I don't think what he is asking is a bad deal. I would take his offer if the ground is good hunting.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Theres a chance of it this year. He is waiting on his back pay from SS for diablity if he get it here soon he is buying about 10 or 15 acres.
Originally Posted by crokit
Am I understanding the question correctly: You are being offered a chance to hunt land, and the only fee is you have to take care of cost of butchering deer YOU kill, and give the land owner HALF of the meat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.