Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

acorn rage?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default acorn rage?

bought some acorn rage the other day at walmart, they had it discounted so i figured why not try it. havent hunted yet so i havent got it put out yet,so my question is has anybody used it? and if so does it work as well as they say?

thanks jeremy.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen on anothe forums last year where a few guys from different states placed Acorn Rage in front of trail cams.... just to see what it would attract. After 1 week, only1 deer had even stopped to smell the stuff. Looked like total gimmick, imho.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The powder stuff seems ok but the screw-on thing is crap.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I thought from the title you ment something else
Old 09-19-2009, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried some in front of my cameras last year. After six weeks I went back to check them and the acorn rage was still on the ground, looked pretty much untouched. In all the deer pics I got on that cam they were pretty much just walking by, ignoring it. You want a great attractant, try a product called Lucky Buck. I've used it in front of my cameras for 4yrs. now and the stuff is dynamite.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-19-2009, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rickmur
I thought from the title you ment something else

Good one Rick, I just got it. But I might call what your talking about, Acorn Outrageous!!!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

I've used it on our club land last year. I dumped 2 bags on a pile about midday and then returned to hunt a trail leading to it. I had 2 small bucks go to it and eat for at least 10 mins. When I went back the next day it was gone. These deer have been fed everything under the sun at one point or another in our attempts to see what put on the most weight, helped the lactating does, helped increase birth weight, and of course rack size. Those deer will try almost anything and are used to food magically appearing where it never had before. A wild deer on public lands may not be drawn to it as easily.