Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shooting BH's in a target? >

Shooting BH's in a target?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting BH's in a target?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting BH's in a target?

Does anyone do this? If so, how do you remove it from the target?? Does'nt it get stuck?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

What kind of target are you referring to, 3D, broadhead targets, bag targets, blocks? etcc.

Of course you should shoot your broadheads to make sure they are going to be on, that's a must.

Another must is changing all the blades that you've shot, change or sharpen. There is no excuse to hunt with dull heads.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
What kind of target are you referring to, 3D, broadhead targets, bag targets, blocks? etcc.

Of course you should shoot your broadheads to make sure they are going to be on, that's a must.

Another must is changing all the blades that you've shot, change or sharpen. There is no excuse to hunt with dull heads.
Um, I'm shooting into the Block, made for crossbows. It says anything can be shot into it....Feild tips, BH's, and expandables.

Yeah I need to shoot my broadheads into it, but I'm almost scared to, I'm afraid I wont be able to get it back out.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be able to get it out. If your blade makes it all the way through the target then you could take your broadhead off then pull it out with hurting your target more. If it doesn't go all the way through then make sure you dont twist your arrow when you pull out. Try pulling as straight as you can so your blades are coming out in the same path they went in.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Spike

they pull out but it does do damage to the block
Old 09-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the most part I only use my 4x4 Block for broadheads. I use my 3-d's for practice tips. Actually the broadheads pull out easier than the field points do.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy practice broadheads are all I shoot. They weigh/fly/impact exactly the same as the actual broadhead. I never shoot field points because I don't hunt with them. I do go through a new target each year though.

Like previously mentioned, pull the arrow straight out of the target. And yes, if the arrow comes out the back of the target, which is often the case, unscrew the head then pull the shaft out. This will add life to your target.