Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Bow Suggestion >

New Bow Suggestion

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow Suggestion

Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Bow Suggestion

My current bow I got two years ago and im a teenager so I have to deal with growing... Well In the past two years I shot up so much and my draw length on my bow is maxed out and draw weight is maxed out. In the past year I noticed that my arm was getting a major bend in it when I pull back. The bow I have now is the Diamond Rapture.

Once I get my paycheck soon im going straight for a new bow. I just wanted to hear some suggestions from you guys.

Im looking into getting a mathews or a PSE. If you guys know of any good bows of those brand please share. This is gonna be my final bow for awhile so im not worried about prices.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

No doubt Mathews makes a nice Bow, but for the money I would take a hard look at the PSE Bowmadness. I shot one yesterday, extremely smooth, shock free, and fast. I will be adding them to the website soon. Diamond also has some nice offerings.

Dan
Old 09-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should shoot everything available to you - before buying. The way a bow looks may be different than how it feels.

As for source, here's my recommendation:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...tech-boys.html
Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't sound like you are done growing yet, so you will want to make sure whatever you get can grow some more with you. Alot of bows have adjustable draw lengths with modules...I would stay away from anything that does not offer that at this point. Lots of good bows out there for sure, and you don't have to buy the top of the line to have a really nice setup. The mid line bows are awesome these days and you can usually get completely set up (bow, accessories, arrows, bh's, etc) for around the same price of a bare top of the line bow, or sometimes even less. Be sure to get quality arrows, correctly spined. Good luck!