Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer-cocaine

Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Spike

Default deer-cocaine

im a 16 year old boy who lives in up state ny and i know i shouldnt but i realy want a deer and i have a bottle of liquid deer cocaine and i was wondering how early i should put it out befor season and does it work?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

We use both the liquid and powder form here in Missouri, as it is legal to hunt over licks here. 1st make sure it is legal to hunt over licks in your area. Not sure if you are hunting public or private ground, but if it is public, make sure it is legal to put a lick on public areas. Also, in Missouri, if you are hunting over a lick it cannot have been made or refreshed within 30 days of your hunting over it. Yes it does work very well. Follow the directions on the bottle and get it put out today, if not sooner. You want the deer to find it and be coming to it on a regular basis before you are coming there to hunt.

Last edited by deerdust; 09-14-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

the sooner the better...
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdust
We use both the liquid and powder form here in Missouri, as it is legal to hunt over bait here. 1st make sure it is legal to hunt over bait in your area. Not sure if you are hunting public or private ground, but if it is public, make sure it is legal to put a lick on public areas. Also, in Missouri, if you are hunting over a lick it cannot have been made or refreshed within 30 days of your hunting over it. Yes it does work very well. Follow the directions on the bottle and get it put out today, if not sooner. You want the deer to find it and be coming to it on a regular basis before you are coming there to hunt.
No its not. Salt licks yes, bait no.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

I stand corrected.. lol I did mean to say that it is legal to hunt over licks. Thank you for correcting that MOhunter46.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Spike

what about the 50 pound mineral blocks u can buy at farm and tractor suply cause ive got one of them to
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdust
I stand corrected.. lol I did mean to say that it is legal to hunt over licks. Thank you for correcting that MOhunter46.
No problem, id hate to see someone lose their licence cuz they were hunting over bait.