Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Just shouldered a doe...will she live?? >

Just shouldered a doe...will she live??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just shouldered a doe...will she live??

Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Did you find her?? Whats the verdict? I thought all day about this,was wondering if you found her or not! LOL
Old 09-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Typical Buck

According to a post on AT that is almost guaranteed to be the same poster, he found the deer about 75 yds from where he last saw her. No pics on that post yet either.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

saw that post too...
he's leaving us hanging over here...
Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, we need the verdict.

Dan
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is true, howver its pretty hot out today, and im sure the meet will spoil very quickly, so if I dont find her fairly soon the only think she'll be good for is her hide and ill get my earn a buck tag
Then your sure she's dead right?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a found deer but confirmation would be nice.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Spike

Okay guys im back! So just to verify, I did post on the other site however unforunatly i DID NOT find her

I went out at about one that afternoon, and my self and 3 others searched till after dark. When I say we found nothing that is not an exaggeration! No arrow, not a drop of blood, and I mean I was on my hands and knees looking! From there we went to where I saw her enter the woodline, she jumped into a small grassy area of which there were 3 options for her. There is an old dirt roadway that heads towards the swamp. Naturally being it goes downhill and leads to water was my first choice, and no dice! Not a thing! No deer, no blood, and no arrow. The next choice was about 2 acres of THICK brush! So we spread out and covered every inch of it, towards the end we spooked a doe up, however we determined it was not her. The next option was a big grass field, and she wouldve had to turn pretty sharp to get in there. So we searched the surrounding woods and also got nothing. I also went back out this morning and searched some more and again nada.

So Im thinking she's a survivor, no blood, not great penetration, and no sign of her. My only question is how the hell did that arrow stay in her! As for the sound it made, it was kind of a loud cracking sound I'd say. Either way that my update and it sucks
Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well...It sounds like you gave a good effort to find her...I always ask myself one question..."Would you take the shot again tomorrow if you had the chance?'' If you would, try to forget it and move on, if you wouldn't, you just learned something...

Experience comes from learning from failure...

I have a lot of experience in many areas...
Old 09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Well...It sounds like you gave a good effort to find her...I always ask myself one question..."Would you take the shot again tomorrow if you had the chance?'' If you would, try to forget it and move on, if you wouldn't, you just learned something...

Experience comes from learning from failure...

I have a lot of experience in many areas...

Yes I would most definately take the shot again . Bad shots happen sometimes, I make that shot 99 time out of 100, but that was the 1 time! It kinda has me rethinking the rages though, I know they arent meant to go through bone but at such close range and a lot of KE im still a little dissappointed..but you cant beat em with soft tissue shots!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was kinda thinking about the mechanical when I saw this posted up...Made me think what would have happened with a Muzzy or Thunderhead fixed blade in her slicing as she ran away...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.